The microwave is a little over five years old. It just simply died. I once fixed my moms by resetting it but I honestly have no idea where to begin with this one. I have pulled up the owners manual and unless you want to know how to plug it in or cook something in it, the manual is usless. Please give me some kind of help. My grandmother has an eleven year old microwave... I know this isn't all I'm getting out of this one... Or is it?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, kindly unplug the unit for five minutes. this will drain all power, and reset the main board. Once the five minutes have passed, simply plug the unit back into the power outlet. If the problem continues, the touch pad should be replaced asap.
Does the oven's key pad seem to reset like a breaker flipped inside? And after, you have to reset the clock? If so, check the temperature cutoff switches inside. Jumper across them and see if your microwave starts working correctly. I had this problem and the Bottom TCO was defective.
HI. Kindly, unplug the unit for five minutes. this will drain all power, and reset the main board. Once the five minutes have passed, simply plug the unit back into the power outlet. If the error continues, the touch pad should be replaced asap.
Hi, this is common in most microwaves. this abnormal noise is coming from a faulty Magnetron. this device is responsible for the heating process and, it is damaged and not heating at all at this point.Simply replace the Magnetron and, this unit will start to heat once more.
More common then you think, i have gone through a couple microwaves in the last ten years, they both failed very similar to what you describe. One popped the breaker one day, reset the breaker and it worked again but had an odd smell to it. I took it apart and couldn't find anything burnt or melted so i tossed it and got a new one, i didn't want a microwave burning the house down! I would suggest unless your really tied to that microwave that you just replace it for safety sake. Four years or forty years old don't matter anymore, i had one microwave, LG brand, that died two months after the warranty expired and it would cost more to repair it then replace the thing!
have a good look at front to see reset??.press it once it comes back on unplug from the wall and & open it up and go to the part and give it a good clean with wd40, check the push pad for ware & tare dirt gathers and builds up