Simple Tips and Tricks on I-Phone
iPhone Keyboard Tips:
1. Shift Key: Apple with its vast iMac experience has featured the shift key press option on the iPhone multi-touch screen. This is especially relevant if you want to capitalize few letters without pressing the CAPSLOCK option.
2. Double Tap: In the iPhone the double tap primarily serves three functions. The double tap zooms in on anything you tap in Google Maps, Safari browser and in Photos. You can also zoom out by double tapping again. While watching videos just double tap to remove or restore the letterbox bars at the side. Quickly double tapping the space bar also adds a period and space.
3. Type non-visible characters: If you want to type letters or symbols that are not visible on the keyboard just hold down the related letter or symbol and slide to pick the variation.
iPhone Battery Tips and Secrets:
1. Avoiding the Extremes: If you want to enhance your iPhone battery lifespan remember to avoid temperature extremes. Avoid using your iPhone at temperatures higher than 95° F (or 35° C) and in very cold environments. Using the iPhone in very hot conditions can inflict permanent battery damage whereas cold temp usage causes temporary battery performance degradation.
2. Regular Updates: Keep your iPhone software constantly updated to ensure your phone has the latest battery performance maximisation technology.
3. Optimise the Settings: Some apps are battery draining like viewing videos, gaming, email and so on. Just remember the following battery tips to maximise its life.
Minimize use of Location Services by using it only when needed or disabling the location services option.
Set your Fetch New Data options to hourly or fetch data manually. Frequent use of mail client only drains the battery faster.
Disable your Push Mail client when not needed to avoid receiving mail as they arrive.
4. Limit Third-party Application Usage: 3 rd party apps like games prevent auto power saving options like screen dimming or switching off hence the battery is constantly at peak performance.
5. Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G: When not in use switch off these apps to conserve battery. Also note using Wi-Fi to access the net instead of the cellular network service requires less power.
6. Use your iPhone regularly: It may sound weird but its true that not using the iPhone for long time at a stretch decreases the battery life. Use it regularly and charge the battery at least once every six months even if you don't use your iPhone regularly.
iPhone Sensor Tips and Tweaks:
If you want to increase the screen brightness without navigating to the controls, simply cover the light sensor located behind the black glass when you unlock your iPhone. The sensor will brighten the screen automatically thinking it to be in a dark environment.
Custom iPhone Buttons Tips n Tricks:
Need more media options like Playlists, Artists, Songs, and Videos on your iPod module or want to add your own custom iPhone button list? Well just tap the more button and then edit and in the Configure option drag and drop any of the four icons downwards into the icon already existing to replace it.
Resetting and Quickly Quitting Programs:
If your stable and robust iPhone locks inadvertently, don't panic, just press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds and your iPhone automatically resets.
If you want to quit any unresponsive program just press and hold the Home button for 6 seconds.
iPhone Image Tips and Tricks:
1. Screenshots: If you want to take a quick screenshot of the present screen simultaneously press the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons and you will hear a clicking sound. The photo is saved in the Saved Photos library.
2. Browser images: Just press the image for two seconds in the Safari browser that you want to save and an action sheet will appear with save image option.
Other Cool iPhone Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
Swipe Delete: In apps that use lists like the Mail just swipe your fingers across an entry you wish to delete and the delete confirmation appears.
Bluetooth Stereo Headphones:
Yup, the iPhone comes with an integrated iPod, but you want to enhance the music to heavenly experience and that too without any cumbersome wires getting in the way. Well, luckily, the Bluetooth wireless iPhone headset is here. Now experience pure nirvana with your trendy Bluetooth iPhone headphones.
The smart iPhone dock can let you transfer music, videos and other files to and from your PC. Also charge your iPhone via the USB connector while you listen to your favourite iPhone tunes. Even better, go for a dual iPhone dock that accommodates your iPhone and iPod as well.
Cool iPhone case:
We all know how sensitive touch screen phones can be, so it makes perfect sense to protect your iPhone with a protective case without blunting its sleek looks. Go for a iPhone case with electrostatic friendly design with veiled looks that combines form with substance.
How much we like the iPhone touch screen experience, using our dirt-laden fingers, leaving behind big fingerprints on the screen. Now this problem can be easily rectified using little iPhone Screen Puffs to wipe off your fingerprints, and that too without engaging your shirtsleeve!
Bluetooth Car Kit:
One of the trendiest and eye catching iPhone accessories is the wireless Bluetooth car kit for the iPhone. Access all iPhone features on a wide screen while you drive. And yes, it's a way safer option for mobile conversations.
While we are discussing the best iPhone accessories its well worth to note that the iPhone is itself one cool navigation accessory for your car. Just place the iPhone in your Merc or BMW and let your iPhone lead you along.
iPhone Car Charger:
If you want to charge or use your iPhone while driving then this accessory is a must. Make sure you get a 12V charger that can be used both, with your iPhone as well with the iPod without any sparking.
on Mar 02, 2010 | Cell Phones