The zoom lens will not retrack and the camera when turned on will quickly shut its self off. It makes a noise as if trying to pull the lens back in..but turns off. When placed in dock it turns itself ON and OFF,,,,ON and OFF continuously??
Did not tamper with camera or used force to resolve problem. Its a great camera. Need assistance..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
It seems that there some dust that has entered between the lens housing and the camera body. To remove it you must use the vacuum cleaner to pull out the dust from this place. And keep switching on and off the camera so that it tries to move the lens inwards/outwards.
If this does not work then the movement mechanism of the lens may have got stuck and would require more serious efforts for which you may or may not have to tools and knowledge.
Hi, As in short answer you have to replace the optical lens assymbly.Because due to heavy jurk its motor called sledge motor stsrt malfunctioning and it can not be changed component level. For this please contact any SONY SERVICE CENTRE nearby to you. Hope you will understand. Thanks for using FIXYA!
the lens is stuck and will not retrack, phoned hp however they state i only had a 90day warranty and will not replace. i tried pulling out the batteries and the memory card shutting the camera down and re-starting, but nothing happens. i also installed new batteries and the lend is still stuck.
worked on allot of fuji's. first detease, a gear is slipping in the lens retract assembly due to a crack or wear or jam
2nd guest .. zoom errors means its really stuck tight
the gears can be ordered and replaced and one more possibility is that the motor that drives the gear is bad Also if dropped or zoom lens jammed hard... lens assembly needs total realignment or replacing..
Try turning the power on and gently pulling the lens outward as it powers up. This may force the gears to re-align themselves. Use "fingertip" pressure only. Don't force it excessively. Also try turning on, and then applying slight pressure to the front of the lens while you power it off. You can also try rotating the lens barrel segments while it powers up or shuts off. Sometimes either can get the lens back on track.