Question about Onkyo CS-V720S System

1 Answer

Onkyo CS-V720S What is the range of power supply voltage for your product Onkyo CS-V720S, will it work with european 230 V 50Hz. Thank You for help.

Posted by Pawel Perkowski on


1 Answer

Perry Mellott

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 147 Answers

Even if it Dont Foreign adapters are available ttech

Posted on Jul 24, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Toshiba tv and have moved to Belgium and now the tv won't turn on. I have tried the fuse but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions

If you moved from North America, Japan or any other country where the AC power from the wall socket was in the 100-120V range, and you have now plugged it into a European wall socket (220-230V), if you are lucky, the fuse on the TV would have blown to protect the TV from over-voltage damage. If you are less fortunate, the power supply of the TV is now shot, and you'll have to send it for service and a new power supply (for European use (220-230V)).

Sep 11, 2017 | Toshiba Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a kenmore 790.9021 electric range. The burners and broil world but the oven doesn't. Have changed the element with another and that isn't the problem. Clock and everything else works fine

Below is from the Sears website, you might happen to have the opposite half of the 220 volts working where your clock works and theirs didn't. The other possibility is that a relay or triac (electronic component) on the control board is no longer working.

Thank you for your question and I understand your concern.

Based on your symptom and details it sounds like a problem with the incoming power supply. The line one (L1) voltage supply is not likely supplying the voltage to the clock. When a burner is turned on, the line two (L2) voltage is passing through the burner and switch providing the line one voltage to the clock which will then power up. This could be caused by one of the two house circuit breakers dedicated for the range has tripped or your missing the Line One voltage supply to the range. It could also be an issue with the circuit breaker or the incoming voltage supply to the breaker or wiring issue within the range.

The first thing that should be checked and confirmed is the voltage supply to the range where the power cord is attached. There will be three terminals on the terminal block. The voltage must measure 220-240 volts when measuring across the two outside terminals. The voltage must also measure 110-120 across the center terminal to each outside terminal.

NOTE: I do not recommend measuring voltage unless you have experience and feel safe and confident in doing so; otherwise I strongly recommend calling a service technician to diagnose the failure.

If you do not feel confident repairing this problem yourself, then you can have it repaired at your home by a Sears technician.

Sep 06, 2016 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Doesn't recognize replacement hard drive

What is the type of IC regulator voltage on power supply board Onkyo DV-SP502?

Jan 17, 2014 | Philips DVDR3575H/37

1 Answer


If your Onkyo does not have a voltage button (usually on the backside close to the power supply) where you can shift in between the needed voltage (typically from 110 - 230 voltage) you need to purchase a Voltage converter.

You need one that is able to convert from 110 volt and up to 220 volt. (Step up)

Here is a site which can inspire you to choose the right Voltage converter :


Sep 27, 2011 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Hi...I have a Onkyo CS-V720S ...I would like add at these sistem ACTIVE SUBWOOFER, CENTER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS...what model of speakers do you recommend?...........thanks

Whatever additional speakers you decide on they all have to be self-amplified.

If you want opinions you could search the web for some actual user reviews. I don't know how many of the 'experts' have any experience with that end of the line. I read a few but never found anyone who actually decided to expand on the basic unit's stereo-only capabilities.

Maybe check out Amazon for what "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought".

Jul 11, 2011 | Onkyo CS-V720 Shelf System

1 Answer

What do I need to use my Touchsmart tx2 in France. Do I need an adapter or transformer or both

You live in the US, right?
First check the voltage rating on your power supply / charger's primary voltage range. If it states around 110V only, then you need a transformer from 230V to 110V with an euopean plug. Make sure it's a real transformer (rather heavy, rated at ~100VA will be OK), and not a lightweight high-power adaptor, used for lamps, pressing irons, heaters and similar appliances.
If on your charger it states something like "90-240V", then it will cope with the standard european voltage of 230V, and the only thing you need is a travel adapter that will have an european plug on one side and an american socket on the other.

Oct 25, 2009 | HP TouchSmart tx2-1270us Tablet PC

1 Answer

SR573... Does it support NTSC/PAL?.

There's no mention of either NTSC or PAL in any spec sheet.

This link leads to Onkyo and the rear view of the amp lacks the voltage selector.

The manual for the similar model SR575 says the North American model does not have the voltage selector. Too bad. Under the general specs for the variants of this family of receivers they list the following power specs. I have no idea where you have to go to buy one from the "Others" group.

Power Supply North American: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
European: AC 230 V, 50 Hz
Others: AC 120/220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
AC 220 V, 50/60 Hz

Some aliases for the SR575=

You could do what I did over 30 years ago. Join the Army, go overseas and buy one in the PX. Every HiFi product we bought in the PX in the 70's had the dual voltage feature.

Apr 07, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR573 Receiver

1 Answer

Mitsubishi CS-40503 Zapped by high voltage

the only option is to bring your x-former as sample or take a pic of it and post it.

Mar 26, 2009 | Mitsubishi CS-40503 TV

1 Answer


Hi if you need a replacement plug for the system then you can buy them from any electrical store but if you want a transformer or anything product specific then you can contact Onkyo USA sevice centre on 201-785-2600.

Here is the Onkyo website where the number is from

Or for European service centres go here:

Oct 29, 2008 | Onkyo MC35Tech CD Shelf System

1 Answer

Europran wii

Wii consoles are region-specific and different regions also use different television standards.

You have potentially three problems:
  1. Wii consoles are region-specific. Games for US/Canada won't work in a European Wii
  2. European Wii consoles output PAL video signals. US/Canada/Japan TVs except NTSC video signals.
  3. European Wii consoles likely require 220-volt power. US/Canada/Japan is 100-120-volt power.
So now your solutions for each:
  1. You need to get games from France (or at least Europe)
    You can also look into a device called the Freeloader, but I'm not sure if it works with Wii games yet (the original allowed Gamecube consoles to play games from different regions)
  2. You'll need a multi-standard TV, or a television standards converter. Tourist-y camera shops often sell converter boxes. You need to convert from a PAL video signal to an NTSC video signal in order to connect it to your TV.
  3. Check the power adapter of the Wii. If it lists "110-240 volts" or "100-240 volts" (at least a voltage number in the 100-something range) on it, then the power supply will work and you just need an international plug adapter. You can get these from most travel stores and electronics stores.
    If the power adapter does not list a voltage in the 100-something range on it, then you will need a step-up transformer - that will convert power from 120-volt to 220-volt or 240-volt. The transformer may or may not have the right type of power receptacle, so you may also need a plug adapter. Check your local electronics store for this. Tell them you have a device from Europe and want to run it on your local electrical power. They should know what you need. If you have a choice, get one that is designed for computer or laptop use, as the cheaper ones provide "dirty" power which is fine for hair dryers and such, but bad for electronics.
Hope that helps...

Apr 02, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console

Not finding what you are looking for?
Onkyo CS-V720S System Logo

Related Topics:


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76573 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6254 Answers

Are you an Onkyo Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides