Had a Onkyo HT-R540 system that got stolen and replaced it with a Onkyo HT-S790 system. My rear speakers aren't working now with DVD or tuner and I can't find my installation manual. How can I get another one?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Onkyo RC-649M remote was included with the Onkyo HT-S790 (with the HT-R540 receiver), among other sound systems. The directions for using this remote are thus in the HT-S790 manual. Onkyo has this manual here: https://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manuals/pdf/ht-s790_manual_e.pdf . See pages 13-17 for information on using the remote. Look at page 69 and the subsequent pages for the remote control programming directions and code list. To program the remote for a specific device, press and hold the Mode button (TV, DVD, etc) that you want to program. While holding this mode button, press and hold the Display button (the lowest button on the left side of the remote) for 3 seconds. Then enter the 4 digit code that applies for your device/manufacturer. (If there are multiple codes, you will need to test the remote and try again until you find a code that works.)
easy.connect the dvd trough optical cable to the amplifier home theatre for surround sound and the video where it says DVD input and the sony cassete deck where it says cd in A/V the red cable wwhite and yellow,
I have a HT-R520 - First thing stated in the manual is 'Do Not Apply Power to the System Until All the Speakers Are Connected to the Receiver.' This practice avoids any hot connects to the speakers. As with any high-outpiut system connecting spreaker wires to the system while in operation can spike the speakers as well as the amplifier curcuits. Hook up your speakers first and give it a try. Good Luck!
If you had the Speakers Set to A (not B) and no headphones connected when you pressed the TEST TONE button on the Onkyo HT-R540 (also known as the HTS-790) remote, and you had no sound from the Center Speaker then try the following steps.
1) Check the Center Speaker wiring at both ends under a bright light and make sure that there is not a strand of wire touching the Receiver Chassis or another speaker post. Check both + and - .
If that looks okay,
2) unscrew the Center Speaker Post connections on the Receiver and verify that the bare stripped wire is making contact. Often, the insulation is too far into the connector. When screwed down, the wire's insulation is crushed and keeps the bare wire from making contact.
If this looks okay and the unit is under Warranty, your last test is to:
3) temporarily swap the wires from the Center Speaker with the Right Front Speaker. Turn the volume down low and try the TEST TONE button again.
If you now hear sound from the Center Speaker box itself and none from the Right Speaker box, then the Receiver is the problem.
If you still do not hear sound from the Center Speaker box, then the Center speaker itself is defective.