Okay well the problem with this phone is that every time i hit the talk button on the handset it beeps two times and goes dead. I've charged the batter for at least 12 hours and it still did it. So we got a new battery and replaced it. We charged that one for at least 12 hours again and it does the same thing! It's like the handset lost contact with the base. We can still make calls with speaker phone on the base. We can tell the battery works because some functions work on the handset. The charge light blinks when we charged it. So we are stumped and were wondering if you could help us!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Remove the AC adapter plug from the back of the base unit (not from the wall); leave tel cord connected.
2. While holding down the "set code" button under the cassette lid, plug the ac adapter back into the base. The screen will then display some numbers (110) etc.
3. Hold down the HANDSET keys 1 and 2 simultaneously and then press the speaker button on top within 20 seconds.
4. Press any 3 digits on the handset i.e. 1-2-3.
5. After hearing a BEEP from the handset and base, press 2 on the handset. The base should then say "twenty-five", and the handsets will beep, confirming the new security code is enabled. Press talk or speaker on handset to confirm communication.
6. The time/day stamp and remote access code will be cleared.
7. Best to do this with the answering mach turned off.
8. Restart this procedure if anything goes wrong (may hear a series of error beeps).
I saved my manual and in it I had a fax Casio sent me with these instructions (i had this prob a few times years ago). Good luck!
On the handset that is on the base is the one you need to use to set the time and date. It will also clear out the CL on answering machine.
On the handset without pushing talk hit the flash key. A message will appear on your phone and it says Answering machine. You can listen to all the options but to set time and date ---push the 8 button. Set your time by using the phone keys such as it's 09:53 then look up in the right corner and use the + arrow key to set AM or PM. Then hit the # key. Then in the upper right corner it will say Mon---use the + arrow key to set the day. Then hit the # key. The message on your phone will say the day is and then the time is. Then hit flash. Then you can check your answering machine and see if that worked. This took me some time. I would not buy another phone like this again.
Some of the cordless phones do not allow more than one handset to be used at the same time. Is there a transfer button on the handsets? Can you call from one handset to the other? If not the phones probably have to be used one at a time.
To get off speaker phone just push the speaker phone button again.
My handset does not connect to the base station. It flashes momentarily, but does not find the base. The base station has a humming noise when the phone line is disconnected and the talk button is depressed. Hum is also present when the phone line is reconnected. The problem was resolved by replacing the 9VDC power supply. The hum disappeared and the handset immediately connected to the base.
1. make sure phone is charged 2. hold down the "mute/program button on the phone 10 seconds. 3. you should see a message on the screen that says you need to push the "pager button" on the handset. 4. Push the pager button
2/29 Have you registered or re-registered the handset?
"No link" can mean handset is not accepting radio wave of base unit. At Mfgr website pull-down operator's manual and look for registration instructions. Some sequence of buttons will create a radio signal from base (have handset off base) then another sequence of buttons on handset will accept radio signal. If handset has "menu" button, try "menu", then "00" (zero zero) then select an accept or "OK" button. Good luck.