Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I started to format my sansa e260 and cancelled it mid-way. now when i turn it on it says "not enough space for music db. please free 6mb." now my computer wont recongnize it, so i cant run the system reseter thingy. it even display that message when i plug it into the computer, and then it connect, but wont charge.
PLace the Sansa in Recovery Mode, plug in, and see that the 16MB FORMAT icon appears in Windows Explorer.
Right click in the window, and create a new folder named sansa.fmt
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORMAT THE RESERVED PARTITION USING THE WINDOWS FORMAT COMMAND!!
Drag and drop the sansa.fmt folder into the 16MB FORMAT partition. Right-click and select eject.
Unplug, and see if it will automatically format.
Thanks to neutron_bob
Posted on Aug 10, 2009
Hi, can you access the menus of the player? If you can try change the settings to MSC and format your player using the my computer window. :D hope this helps
Posted on Jul 22, 2007
Try to follow this:
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or press the Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
Posted on Dec 01, 2007
Posted on Dec 01, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: