My Maytag top load coin-op washing machine "unbalanced" light is on- even with no clothing within. I have spun the drum and turned the internal timer to "run" a load through. Once that "load" is done and I push the coin-filled coin tray in, I get the "unbalanced" light and no action (unless I intervene again with the timer). Any advice? Thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Jim, you issue could be caused by a couple either one of a of the following,
1) Draining problem, cant empty the water from the machine within the prescribed time limit - preventing the spin programme to commence. check pump filter is clear and waste water is pumping from the end of the waste hose, the hose itself could be blocked with limescale and detergent residue.
2) Unbalanced load, most machines wont spin 1 item, its a safety thing, if a machine spins with one heavy item it puts the drum out of balance resulting in excessive drum movement possibly damaging the inside of the machine and put indue stress on the bearings. Try putting it on a spin cycle with no clothes in
Unbalanced load detection can also be caused by a faulty motor tacho, this usaually positioned at the rear of the motor, this sends an electrical signal to the programmer telling when it is 'Safe' to spin. There also the posibility that the programmer is not reading the tacho signal or misinterpriting it.
Leep, open the hatch that the timer sits under. You will see the timer and actuator that the coin tray pushes to start the wash cycle. You can rotate this cam clockwise until it gets to it's home position, ususally right around the 12:00 position. Good luck