I cant seem to get the Wii to except the wii sports disc. I have set the Wii up so everything there looks ok but when i put the game in it just seems to spit it straight out. i have put it in different ways, cleaned it and tried again. I've looked over all the manuals and i can't see what's wrong. Can anyone help me?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Wii Keeps rejecting game disc
I would suggest simply returning the disc to the retailer. It is very possible that there is nothing wrong with the wii but the disc is bad.
If the disc works for the retailer or you get an exchange and have the same problem, it may suggest the drive in the wii is faulty. This should be covered under warranty and even if the machine is over a year old, shouting loud enough may convince Nintendo to fix it FOC. Call for a warranty claim and see how you get on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the Nintendo wii is a glorified dvd player with a few major exceptions. it sounds like the units optical pickup has dust or debris on it. try the Wii Lens Cleaning Kit at amazon for 10 bucks. very common and simple fix.
if by doesnt begin you do you mean doesnt read disc or fails to start game because if its doesnt read disc look for scratches on the disc if its doesnt initialize then it could be the disc drive itself is bad then go to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/index.jsp
1. The Wii Sports disc is damaged. Did you try any other games? How does the back of the disc look? Do you know someone else with a Wii? Try another game [or try the Wii Sports disc on another Wii] to determine if it's the game, or the Wii. If it's the game disc -- simple, replace it. If it's the Wii:
2. The Wii laser/DVD drive could be messed up. This is usually a problem with either the laser inside of the Wii's drive, or some other issue going on inside of the DVD drive. The following website sells the DVD drive mechanisms and does repairs on the Wii as well:
This is actually the "Wii Play" game. You must unlock each game by successfully completing the previous game. In this case, I believe that you must play, and finish, Billiards or Laser Hockey to unlock Fishing, then complete Fishing to play Charge!, and so on.
If Wii gives Disc Read Error, first step you need to check is to try
another disc or clean the exisitng disc. This will confirm that problem
is with either Wii or Disc. If the console itself is giving disc read
error then it needs to be repaired. You may check out DIY Wii Fix Guide,
that will show step by step information to fix the problem yourself. It
also gives information on fixing many Wii Related Problems, so its a
kind of Wii Problems Reference Fix Guide.