If you haven't resolved the language issue yet, try this:
1. power up the tablet by pressing the power button on the left side of the top edge of the tablet
2. slide the lock to bring up the home screen
3. across the top of the screen you'll see a magnifying glass (top left), a microphone, a folder with three dots on it (center) and dark area on the top right corner with six blue squares in it. Press the squares. Now you'll see your apps.
4. swipe your finger across the screen from right to left to show the next screen of apps. Look for the Settings app. It's grey with a light grey gear/sprocket in the center. Press that and you'll go into the Settings screen.
5. Down the left side you'll see a menu of options. Look for the Language and Input option. It is the one that looks like a solid light coloured square with the letter A in the center of it. Press that.
6. when that's hightlighted on the left side of the screen, you'll see the language option at the very top of the right side of the screen. There's no icon beside it, but it's the very top option. Press that.
7. the twelfth option in the list that comes up on the right side is "English (Canada)". Count down to the twelfth option and press it. The language of your table will be English. Go back and change it to something else if you don't want that particular English option.
Hope this helps. I found this youtube video that might help, too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_rK6WRT3Ps
Skip ahead to 2:38. That's where he turns it on and then he changes the language (he could be changing it to Spanish, but you'll get the idea).