After i turned on my xbox and it signed into xbox live it told me to download a update for oblivian or i would be signed out of xbox live. After i downloaded the update the oblivian menu took 15 minutes to load, another 26 minutes for it to load my last saved game and it consistanly freezes during game play.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: freezing during oblivian
Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive to cache game data and in some cases the info stored on the hard drive can get fragmented, slowing down the game's performance. Bethesda has already found out a way to fix the issue. Here is the official word:
Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive extensively to cache (copy and reuse) game data. This is done to optimize all loading the game does. It has been found in rare cases on some Xbox 360s that the cached data can get overly fragmented. This exhibits itself by the game taking a long time to load anything from menus, dialogue, sounds, objects, levels, and more.
To solve this problem, reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while Oblivion is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one.
Once you see the ?Bethesda Softworks? logo video, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared.
Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Turn off your Xbox 360 and physically disconnect it from the internet by either unplugging the ethernet cable or disconnecting the wireless adapter.
2) Turn on your Xbox 360 and sign into your account. You should NOT be connected to Xbox Live.
3) Navigate to the "System" blade and choose the "Memory" option, then select your storage device.
4) Now search. Look through all the system folders then find and delete ALL incomplete content files. You can spot an incomplete file by the yellow exclamation point icon. Remember to delete ALL incomplete files
5) Once all the incomplete content files have been deleted, turn off your Xbox 360.
6) Reconnect your Xbox 360 to the internet by plugging back in the ethernet cable or wireless adapter.
7) Turn on your Xbox 360, connect to Xbox Live and hopefully your problem is solved.
Here's how I fixed mine. When I got the message stating that the
download was unsuccessful I went into settings, then network, and I
tested my network connection.
During a network test it automatically
logs your profile out, but when the test came back good, before it
logged my profile back in, it asked me to update again. I hit "a" to
accept the update and it worked this time. I think the key is that it
has to attempt the update before logging your profile back in. I think
the key is updating with the profile logged out, which under normal
circumstances you can't do, only during a network test.
If that fix doesn't work you might try going into your network settings in the dashboard and lowering your firewall restrictions, then updating, then putting your firewall restrictions back to what they were.
that happened to me u need to try to do the update even though it signed u out and if it don't work sign back in and keep trying till it works or turn your xbox off and wait 10 mins and it should do it first time
you should be able to fix movie problem by making a new profile on the xbox and downloading everthing again,you'll need the media update to play the movies so just start a movie on the new profile and it will auto update.this is a licence problem and thats how i fix it. but this is the proper way click link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/faq.htm
you need to open the port that the update is trying to go through. the easiest way is to turn your firewall off, but this opens up your security. another way is to forward the correct port through port forwarding on your router. findout which port xbox live uses and put in the information to the router
Same thing happened to me... xbox live is havin' all sorts of problems right now due to the high volume of signups... called today and the guy told me that and to keep tryin' and hope for the best. They don't know when it's gonna be back up...Not sure what else to tell ya... but there's a lot of frustrated people out there... and I'm one of them!!