An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: Cut out during heating
Possible causes include a blown fuse or high voltage diode. A bad magnetron or power transformer are also possible. I recommend taking the oven to a repair facility, or scrapping it & getting a new one. Do not attempt to repair this yourself, as microwave ovens have voltages present inside which are INSTANTLY LETHAL, & there are no user servicable parts inside.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a belling combi microwave, the covection oven works well but the microwave oven has stopped heating the food up and also the defrost isn't working ? Any tips or does it need repairing and wat are the costs?
My Belling BEL-CJ/SS25 Microwave / oven / grill has recently developed a problem. Every time I close the door the turntable starts rotating, even when I'm not using it. It doesn't make a noise, and doesn't seem to be going into any cooking setting, and the light doesn't come on, but it turns until I open the door, when the light comes on and the turntable stops turning. This has only recently started happening, and nothing else seems to be wrong with it, Is this safe or should I get rid of it and buy a new one. The guarantee has expired so repair may be cost prohibitive.
First unplug the unit.
The problem is most likely caused by the thermistor (thermal resistor) failing. This device is located at the outlet vent and will cut power if the unit over heat or catch fire. All microwaves have it. You can test it with an ohm meter. You can get a new one from an electronics store like Radio Shack.
You will have to remove the cover to get to it.
This unit may also have a fuse inside, I do not know if this is the one you changed, but you can look at it. You didn't give a model number so I could not point you to a diagram.
If the fan and light are on when it's running, but the oven is not heating, it may be a bad door switch.
We have important safety information and a help file to test and replace door switches and you can find it by searching on Yahoo.com (not Google) for
microwave circuit repair
It may also be a bad connection at the magnetron or another problem, but please look over this information first then let us know what you find out.
Apparently this one has a mechanical timer. That lack of electronic controls does lessen the complexity.
I don't know about the specific regulations concerning British / EU microwaves, but I'm sure there's a fuse inside.
In most cases, just replacing a blown fuse will not be the cure, unless one finds the reason it blew. What made it fail (if it did) is the real question. Loose fuse holder allowed excess heat? Shorted component or wiring?
Or, is there a failure in the mechanical timer that's causing an open circuit connection? That can certainly happen.
Also, a door switch may have failed. This is most commonly caused by opening the door while it's cooking, instead of turning the oven off first.
I would suggest you contact Belling service: