Question about GE JE1540 Microwave Oven
This is usually an indication that the magnetron has gone bad, or something in the high voltage network controls the magnetron. Any one of the following components could be at fault: 1. Magnetron 2. High Voltage Transformer 3. High Voltage Diode 4. Magnetron Thermal Cut-out 5. High Voltage Capacitor 6. Interconnecting wiring I do not advocate taking any voltage measurements inside the High Voltage section of a microwave since the voltages can be as much as 14,000 volts or higher. If you are savvy enough to attempt yourself, WITH THE MICROWAVE UNPLUGGED, you will need to disassemble the unit to get to the high voltage section and take resistance readings. The magnetron or diode are likely suspects. If the magnetron or the transformer are bad, the repair costs can meet or exceed the price of the oven. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Jul 16, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens
Mar 11, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 14, 2018 | General Electric Microwave Oven
May 04, 2010 | GE JVM1740DM Microwave Oven
Feb 05, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 11, 2009 | GE JVM1750SMSS Microwave Oven
May 02, 2009 | GE JVM2050 Microwave Oven
Mar 25, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: