Question about Jenn-Air JCD2290HES Side by Side Refrigerator

1 Answer

Jenn-Air JCD 2295 Refrigerator

The refrigerator temperature is decreasing all the time. It is now below 19 F and it continues to decrease. I unplugged it and replugged it to try to reset it But it is still doing the same thing except now the freezer showa a temperature of 26 F while it was showing 0 F before i reset it... What is wrong with it?

Posted by Pierre Langlois on

  • Pierre Langlois Jul 15, 2007

    I don't know what was wrong.

    I disconnected the refrigerator for a complete night then I reconnected it and now it works correctly..

    Probably the controler needs to be reset and disconnecting it for a long period of time did it.

    Thanks anyway for the proposed solution

  • s_durgut Oct 10, 2009

    jenn-air jcd2295hes model refrigetor frig side is very cold

×

Ad

1 Answer

Anonymous

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Novelist:

    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 159 Answers

I would say the cold control may be bad.If the fridge is getting too cold it sounds like the control is not shutting the unit down when it gets to temp. You can check the cold control with a OHM meter and see if it is working properly. If it is not you will need to replace it and your refrigerator should work fine.

Posted on Jul 15, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to set temperature on a general electric


Copied from ehow.com

Instructions
    • 1 Open the fresh food compartment and locate the two temperature control dials. Each dial is labeled for the compartment that it controls.
    • 2 Rotate the dial to increase the temperature setting by one to lower the temperature of the compartment. Rotate the dial to decrease the temperature setting by one to raise the temperature of the compartment.
    • 3 Wait 12 hours to allow the temperature in the compartment to stabilize before increasing or decreasing the temperature further.


Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8772966_adjust-temperature-controls-ge-refrigerator.html

Aug 28, 2014 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

When decreasing a quantity by 10% in two successive years, the overall result is to decrease the original by 19%. Explain why this occurs


This happens because the second year, you're not decreasing the original amount by 10%, but instead decreasing the reduced amount by 10%.

The first 10% decrease leaves you with only 90% of the original amount. A 10% decrease of the remaining 90% is only 9% of the original amount.

Start with a hundred of something. Take away 10%. 10% of 100 is 10, so taking 10 away from 100 leaves 90. Now out of this 90, take away 10%. 10% of 90 is 9, not 10, so taking 9 away from 90 leaves 81, which is 19% less than the original 100.

If you repeat the process again, you'll have 72.9% of the original, or a 27.1% decrease. If you take 10% away N times, you'll have 0.9^N.

Aug 23, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator

1 Answer

To decrease the temperature do the numbers increase or decrease?


You need to decrease the number if you want it to be cooler. Change it on the temp control if you want to increase or decrease.
Thanks for asking.

Jun 23, 2011 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

The temperature continues to decrease and there is a buzzing sound (intermittant)


Hi,

Many times a freezer and/or refrigeratordo not work right because of a dirty condenser coil...there are also many otherthings that can go wrong. If you are hearing a clicking or buzzing thencheck out the last two tips.

If your refrigerator is running but warm, then...

Check out these tips that I wrote about that... it is a great place to starttrouble shooting your unit...and something that you can do rather then callinga repair person to do a simple thing for you...

Refrigerator Condenser Coil Cleaning Refrigerator Repair

Refrigerator Troubleshooting Refrigerator Compressor

Refrigerator Compressor Start Capacitor and Start Relay
Refrigerator or Freezer not Cooling or Getting Cold

heatman101

Jun 02, 2011 | Jenn-Air JFC2089H Bottom Freezer French...

1 Answer

Oven temperature is inaccurate and takes a long time to heat to proper temp. I have replaced thermostat with no improvement.


To Adjust the Thermostat


  1. Touch the BROIL HI/LO and BAKE pads at the same time for 3 seconds until the display shows SF.
  2. Touch the BAKE pad. A two digit number shows in the display.
  3. Touch BAKE again to alternate between increasing and decreasing the oven temperature.
  4. The oven temperature can be adjusted up to (+) 35°F (19°C) hotter or (-) 35°F (19°C) cooler. Touch the number pads the same way you read them. For example, to change the oven temperature 15°F (8°C), touch 1 and 5.
  5. When you have made the adjustment, touch the START pad to go back to the time of day display. Use your oven as you would normally.

Feb 12, 2011 | GE J2S968SHSS Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas)...

1 Answer

Temperature does not go below 59 deg. refrigerator side.


Auto Damper models, The Auto Damper model refrigerator has
two controls and both have capillary sensing.
The Auto Damper controls the fresh
food temperature and the Freezer Temperature
Control guides the freezer temperature.
The fresh food compartment temperature
is maintained by a damper assembly located
at the back of the temperature control
housing. Changes in air temperature
cause the damper door to open and close.
A control rod and gear connect the fresh
food control knob to the damper control.
Turning the fresh food control knob to the
COLDEST position increases the flow of
freezer air into the fresh food section. The
freezer compartment temperature control
warms at a faster rate and cools at a slower
rate, increasing the compressor run time
necessary to maintain a satisfied freezer
temperature control.
Turning the fresh food control knob to a
WARMER setting decreases the flow of
chilled air into the fresh food section. The
freezer compartment temperature control
warms at a slower rate and cools at a faster
rate, decreasing the compressor run time
necessary to maintain a satisfied freezer
temperature control.
It is ver possible that the auto damper has failed and will need to be cosidered as a likely cause. Part Number Click here=> 61005971 or 1005641 Auto damper control assembly here is the Service manual=> MSD2756G Instructions can be foun on pages 38 and 39 in your manual.If need you may contact me here on Fixya or my Forum=> Appliance 911 My contact information is located above the Fixya Ad on my blog here=> Sea Breeze Appliance Parts and Technical Services, www.pcappliancerepair.com

Feb 28, 2010 | Maytag MSD2756G Side by Side Refrigerator

1 Answer

Message ER DH continues to pop up on the door. If


ER =ambient temp sensor failure
DH= defrost heater

Defrost heater, temperature fuse short
circuit, unplugged connector(indicated
4 hour later after trouble)

You is gonna have defrost problemas!


If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/dan_73bbd84fe1d95b61

Feb 24, 2010 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator

1 Answer

A/C GE AEW10AM decrease temperature but increase humidity (?!)


you have water standing in drain pan or your unit is oversized, 600 sq. feet per ton in southwest area is standard,.

Sep 29, 2009 | GE Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Sears Calypso Washer purchased in 2004, displays the CA error code. Unplugged the washer for a couple hours and replugged in. Ran a cycle without anything in. Worked fine. Placed a load in and it ran for...


CA - Average Current peak - happens if there is a 2 second average of current draw greater than 5.55 amps at the motor windings. This may signify problems with the drive motor, thermal protector, or motor controller. Overloading the unit may cause this problem. Try washing smaller loads and see if the problem goes away. If it recurs when you wash bigger loads, decrease the size AND watch to see if you have to continue to decrease the size to keep the error from happening. If that were occurring, it could well be a sign of the electrical problems noted, requiring service.

May 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Jenn-Air JCD2290HES Side by Side Refrigerator Logo

Related Topics:

338 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jenn-Air Refrigerators Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8221 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

23822 Answers

Sheldon Dedek

Level 3 Expert

912 Answers

Are you a Jenn-Air Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...