Camera LCD is black
If you want to follow my way to try fixing it yourself, keep reading and do it at your own risk. You paid several hundread dollars for the camera and I just paid $20 for it. Therefore, I tried everything I can to make it work, even if I had to open the camera body to play with the inside. Fortunately, it was not neccessary to take it apart.
Once again, AT YOUR OWN RISK to follow my way to get back your real time image screen.
Read the following steps once and make sure you understand before action.
(1) Load your camera with a freashly recharged battery.
(2) Switch on to see if it's working and still without the real time screen.
(3) Switch it off, and hold it tight in you palm with the LCD facing inward.
(4) Now, with you palm up, you should be able to see the model name 'CoolPix S6' under the lens and the flash.
(5) While holding the camera and aiming at the 'CoolPix S6', raise your other hand with the fist next to your ear.
(6) Match the aim as describe in(4) to the aim of your elbow 's protruded part and make pratice moves. Yes, you'are going to smack it
to your elbow.
(7) When you are ready, try first not to hit your elbow too hard once.
(8) Switch the camera on to check. If you have the 'Screen' now, congratulation! If not, repeat (4) to (8) but with a stronger impact
Force. You might have to try more times until your elbow could not take the sore.
I got mine fixed by performing the above steps just once, but I started at a medium impact force. Before this fix, I tried to whack it on both sides, the top and the bottom to my knee cap.
Why I chose knee cap and elbow? They hurt if you strike too hard. The target is to apply enough impact force to shake but not break the parts inside the camera.