I also got a black screen! I then turned the TV off, pressed TV and while it was lit, quickly pressed info, menu and then mute. Then switched the tv back on and amazingly......the menu was there. Go to item 12 and reset. I am please to say that we are back in business,
With tv power on, on the samsung remote select tv, power,info,menu,mute,power. from here you enter the eng menu use the arrow down key to get to option 12 reset then right arrow.....tv will reset and power down.wait 30 sec then power back up tv will scan for terestial chls then freeview........
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the analouge channles are not working the the position of the arieal is in a bad place and the satillite is not in a good postion that is why you don't have no freeview channels installed call a profetional
Change the input to antenna.
If it says cable:
On your Samsung remote is a button that says antenna. You want it to say AIR. Air is an ATSC tuuner that allows you to receive over the air HD with a pair of rabbit ears.
If it says AIR:
If it says AIR and you still can't get the HD channels. In the menu it will say Channel. In that sub menu it will say autoprogram. Make sure you have an antenna connecte to AIR in the back of the set and autoprogram AIR only.
Any questions respond to this post and I will respond.
I had the same until this mornin. It installed the Freeview channels (we no longer have an analogue signa), and we loved it! Since then, "no signal". We also DO have a Freeview PVR, so we could watch through the EXT1 sourse. The "Source" button on the remote control handset offers you input option (TV, DTV/USB, DVD, etc etc). I was using TV, which is for ANALOGUE signals. I have just selected DTV/USB and omg! success!! And relief!!! If this sorts you out too then my work is done. x
Please follow these instructions to manually/automatically update the digital (DTV) channels on the Samsung LE26R73BD.
Please use the following buttons on your Samsung remote control to navigate the on-screen menus:
- "D.MENU" - Opens/closes the on-screen menu (below the numerical key "0") - DIRECTIONAL ARROW KEYS - To navigate up/down/left right through the on-screen menus - "ENTER/OK" - Selects/confirms a selected option (in the centre of the arrows)
Automatic Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Auto Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Start Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 21 . . ." 10. Highlight "End Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 69 . . ." 11. Highlight "Start Frequency" again and then press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan.
Some of the options above will already be selected so will not need to be changed. I've provided the correct settings just in case they are incorrectly set. Note: UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive.
The scan will take a few minutes to complete and the progress will be displayed. When the channel scan is complete, the menu should close automatically and the TV will return to viewing mode. If not, press either the "D.MENU" or "EXIT" button to return to watching TV.
Manual Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Manual Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Channel Number" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to choose which channel number you wish to scan . . .
UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive. In manual tuning mode, these need to be scanned one at a time. Please note, many of these channels are "empty". UK Freeview only uses 5 of these channels (called Multiplexes or MUX) or 6 if you have HD. I am unable to tell you which 5 channels these are as they vary according to whichever transmitter or repeater station your aerial is aligned to.
10. Press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan. 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additonal channel you wish to scan.
Please note: Manual scanning can cause some unexpected results - particularly if your aerial has a reception from more than one transmitter/repeater. For this reason it is better to use the automatical scan unless you have a specific reason for needing to scan manually.
Hopefully this will be all you need to update the digital channels on your TV. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.
This is very common to a number of Samsung models built at the same time as yours and using the same in-built Freeview receiver.
There is no fix, the built in receiver is simply incompatible with the most recent updates to Freeview (as happened to many external boxes) and cannot be modified, the only puzzle is the length of time that your receiver kept going for. If your tv has a warranty still then you may wish to see if the fault is covered.
Without a warranty, all you can do is continue to use an external Freeview receiver. They're usually better quality anyway, and are easy to replace when they go wrong or become out of date.
Press the DTV menu button (<<)
Press the Down arrow until you reach Settings
Press the Down arrow until you reach Installation
Press the Down arrow until you reach First Time Installation
Ah...that model has the usual Samsung remote and instruction booklet: both are poorly designed. it's a shame as the TV itself is OK.
To select between digital and analogue channels you use the "source" button to cycle between all sources; there's one button on the TV and another on the remote (from memory it's in the centre of the upper half of the remote, but will be clearly shown in the user booklet).
Have you done a channel search on both tv sources(atv and dtv). most new tv's will automatically start will "New Install". If you havent had a digital installed recently then this could the problem. set top boxes and TV's will pick up the signal ok but others wont.