Question about Nesa Vision NRM-5600 5.6 in. Car Monitor

1 Answer

Fuse size? what size fuse should i use to protect this unit?

Posted by brad carter on

  • brad carter Jul 13, 2007

    Thanks icansurf. i brought the unit second hand. it didn't come with a fuse holder, so i just wanted to make sure what protection i should give it when i install. i'm using it for a reverse camera screen.



1 Answer


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 72 Answers

I'd say use a small value, such as 5 amp or less. did you wire this up yourself? most stuff like this comes with an in-line fuse already built into the red power wire. in that case you wouldn't need to have additional fusing.

Posted on Jul 11, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm hooking up my connex4600 turbo to batteries

The fuse size will protect the wiring depending on its size but the question is what amperage does the system draw/use and therefore what size wire is needed and the fuse will be the size of the system amperage draw and the wire size also determined by the amperage draw because if the amperage draw exceeds the capacity of the wire the wire will melt so the fuse should project the wire by cutting the current flow when it exceeds the wire siaze but the system needs the cureetn flow, amperage it is designed to use.

Sep 08, 2014 | Car Audio & Video

1 Answer


If you want to put fuses into an electrical circuit the install in line fuses as close to the power supply as possible For example if you want to run a power wire from the battery to a set of light relays then the fuse would be as close as possible to the battery. The size of the fuse should be 1 amp more than the unit you are installing will need to run. So if you are installing a unit that uses 5 amps then a 6amp fuse will do the job. Do not go overboard with the amperage of the fuse because you are putting them there to protect the wiring in the event of a dead short.

Dec 29, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Brand new furnace wont start its a aruf 14 electric air handler with a 10 amp heater coil

the 3 amp fuse protects low voltage side of transformer. if it's blowing on a call for cooling wire pair going to outside unit bad or contactor in outside unit.

Nov 18, 2013 | Goodman Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

1998 saturn sl2 original factory stereo fuse size


Mar 10, 2013 | 1998 Saturn SL

1 Answer


So remove the burned out fuse, look at it carefully for the size markings, and bring it along with you when you go shopping for a replacement. But know this: a blown fuse is usually a SYMPTOM, not the PROBLEM. The fuse is there to protect the rest of the circuitry, usually the power supply, wherein the real problem lies. So, if you replace the fuse and it blows again, you've got a much bigger, more expensive problem. Be prepared to pay as much or more to a repair shop than the unit is worth. Be prepared to have a repair shop charge you at least $50 just to diagnose the bigger problem. If you are really lucky,your blown fuse is the result of a power surge (so it did its job or protection). Buy two fuses. Consider junking the unit if the second replacement fuse blows.

Jul 26, 2012 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

4 Answers

I believe I might need to change my (20 amp) breaker switch that is running on 10-2 wire which supplies power to my Rheem Classic 10 Seer. I'm not sure if I need to have 220V of power on a 30amp...

Hello, the unit runs on 220 volts that's why # 10 wire must be used. The best bet is to use a 40amp breaker for 220 volts, gives the circuit more protection.

Sep 04, 2011 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

I have a audition 150 watts x 2ch bridgeable high power amp serial # 00400274 need size of inline fuse. does not show size of fuse on diagram


if it is 150 watts TOTAL power then you should use a 15 amp fuse.
(150w / 12v = 12.5amps, 15amp fuse should provide the correct protection.)

if the system is 150 watts PER CHANNEL. then it will be 300 watts total and a 30 amp fuse should be used.
(300w / 12v = 25 amps. 30amp fuse should be used.)

30 amp is normally the highest fuse recommended for an car audio system, so i would not use higher than this without taking the unit to a qualified auto electrician, to get the system checked for safety. if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Jun 07, 2011 | Car Audio & Video

1 Answer


Are you wanting to install circuit breakers on the DC (battery) side? If so, you won't need them to protect the unit as it is already fused. But, it would be a good idea to install them as close to the battery so that if a wiring fault develops in te cable going to the inverter, it would be protected as well.

For the AC side, breakers are sized according to the wire size, not the capacity of the inverter. But, you can always use a smaller size if you want to try and protect the inverter from overloads as well. Your inverter is rated at 1000 watts, which is a bit over 8 amps of AC current. Use a 10 amp circuit breaker, and don't use smaller than 16ga wire for short distances. Use larger guage wire (12ga is 20amp residential requirement, 14ga is 15amp residential requirement) for the longer runs.

This inverter is not designed for a permanent install, its not intended to be run continuously. There are inverters designed for this, you can find an idea of product selection at rv suppliers, alternative energy shops, etc.

Jun 24, 2010 | Black & Decker 1000w Power Inverter

1 Answer

Broke the 12v DC plug on our Rubbermaid/Vector Thermoelectric cooler. Can't find a specific replacement plug. Any specific specs I need to look for in a replacement?

A generic plug should work...just be sure to size the fuse correctly to protect the unit. Most thermoelectric units draw about 4 to 5 a 10 amp fuse usually works.

Dec 09, 2009 | Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
Nesa Vision NRM-5600 5.6 in. Car Monitor Logo

Related Topics:


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nesa Vision Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

5023 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76582 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18631 Answers

Are you a Nesa Vision Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides