It seems that the power switch on my e-500 is loose, or otherwise not making good contact. The camera turns on and functions normally only after pressure is applied to the mode dial, directly over the power switch.
Anyone ever hear of this before, or have any idea how to service this?? Any help is much appreciated, and if you have any info please send a copy to [email protected]
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
clean contacts battery very well with isopropyl alcohol . test the power of battery and replace put some from maximun energy. 3) see if there are some power loose or colder joint and resolder you must open the remote control. However make test with the photo attched use camera, or cell and remote control, the LED must be on from remote control otherwise proceed with the steps before mentioned God bless you
At this point sounds like just the loose connection to the battery. What you need to do is check with a volt meter to see if it is charging its a simple test if you have a volt ohm meter or just take it to your local shop depending where your battery is located it a very quick check to determine if you have a charging problem. As for the handle bar switch start button there is some carbon built up on the contact use contact cleaner for this. Otherwise looks like your good to go
It might be a problem with one of the switches at either the battery or flash card door.
Here are some simple things to try first for a camera that won't power on. They won't work for every case, but they're worth a try.
The open door button on a circuit board is usually micro. A loose cover will likely not make contact with this small switch. Take the cover off and tighten the screws on the inside. Try to locate the switch to inspect if it has been wore off, broken, or missing even.
If you just purchased it, its always a good idea to exchange it if you can.
Otherwise, make sure to take out the battery, wait for 20 seconds, put it back in then restart it. Some times this just resets your devices.
Otherwise, it might be something in between the battery connection and the power cord.
Keep us posted. Good luck!
check these before enything:
1) check with another device that the socket has power
2) check cable is good all the way (NOT torn, twiched, squashed)
3) the device is hooked up good (in place,NO trash)
4) there is a micro switch on the door which wont let the device work without no good connection
5) check good fuse