There could be 4 possibilities.
1. Ink cartridges lids are open which is not allowing cartridges to move freely.
2. Ink cartridges carriage will not move from its original position(left) when front cover is opened
3. Encoder strip is Dirty.
4. Encoder strip is Out of position.
1. Open the front cover and check if ink cartridges lids are properly snapped in.
2. Turn the printer off and pull out the power cable from power socket, open the front cover and manually center the ink cartridges carriage.
Clean the metallic rod inside the printer using WD40 or Kleenex from Left corner to right corner properly.
3. Cleaning the encoder strip:
a. printer should be off and disconnected from power.
b. open the front cover.
c. Using a dry, lint free cloth, pinch the encoder strip on the right-hand side of
the cartridge carriage and pull your fingers across it toward the right-hand
side of the printer and you can move the cartridges carriage to clean the strip completely.
d. Note: The encoder strip is a narrow band of clear plastic and can be difficult to see
without direct lighting running parallel to metallic rod.
e. Close the printer and try again to print.
4. Repositioning the Encoder strip.
a. Remove the power cord from the printer.
b. Open the front cover.
c. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
d. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
e. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the
ink cartridge carrier.
f. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is
g. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check
the positioning of the encoder strip.
h. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
i. Re-connect the power cord to the printer and try again to print.
Incorrect position of encoder strip
Correct position of Encoder strip
Hope it should fix the issue.