Question about HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One
I want to change the Fax settings on my HP 6700. But they are shown as locked & I get a message saying they were locked by the administrator. Since this is my own personal printer at home, I assume that I would have the ability to do this. I just don't know how. Can you tell me what to do? Thank You
You might want to do a full factory reset, the usual solution if you are locked out of the machine due to not knowing the administrator's password. Details about how to do this for your HP 6700 are available here -
Full Reset HP OfficeJet 6700 All in one Printer
Posted on Dec 23, 2017
This is how to reset your HP PSC 1210:
* Set your computer system date to a date before the expiry of the ink cartridges.
* Start the following program:
* Use the password "Homer"
* Choose the reset directory
* Hit the total reset button
* Follow the instructions ...
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
SOURCE: Printer "out of memory"
The problem isn't your printer. The problem is with your Microsoft Works software. I know of six solutions that may work.
1) Download the latest service pack for .NET Framework 1.1. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en
2) Go to this website and download the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f5b806-e6a1-4f92-a656-e56eeda67e3d&displaylang=en
3) Uninstall printer completely (again). Unplug the printer from the computer. Reboot computer. Download the lastest driver from HP website. When installing the driver software, choose (type)a different directory,( ie. C:\MYHP\HP4180\ ). Plug Printer back to computer.
4) Go to this website. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841220
5) Click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Double click printer folder, clear (delete) any files in this folder.
6) Download the latest version of Microsoft Works 9.0.
Let me know if this works.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Open ink access door.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on. Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are missing.
2. Open the ink cartridge access door. [This is the panel that is to the left of the touchscreen. To open, put your fingers on the upper left hand side of the panel (by the logo: HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium), You should be able to gently pull the panel so that it opens out.]
NOTE: Wait until the print carriage stops moving before proceeding.
3. Press the front of the ink cartridge to release it, and then remove it from the slot.
4. Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
5. Using the color-coded letters for help, slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot until it is securely installed in the slot.
Posted on Sep 20, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2016 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One...
Jun 16, 2015 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One...
Mar 18, 2013 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One...
Oct 29, 2011 | HP Officejet J4680 InkJet Printer
Jun 09, 2011 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
May 27, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 31, 2010 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 27, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 23, 2010 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 11, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
191 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: