Error 497 appears and will not boot or allow me to use the phone.
My phone was working fine, then one day it come up with Error 497 Reset then black screen then comes back with Device Error 322 Reset. I've tried every key to get it to reset, but nothing. Any ideas? I have Moblie phone tools from Moto, but since the phone doesn't come all the way up, the phone tools can't identify it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please visit this site Mobile Labs provides enterprise-grade, next generation mobile application testing tools. With a focus on security, agility and affordability, Mobile Labs delivers solutions to help you deliver quality mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows platforms while also helping manage mobile devices in a private, secure cloud.
restart your computer repeatedly tapping the f8 key to enter safe mode while the screen is black once in safe mode where the only things working will be your keyboard and mouse allowing you to attempt to repair your computer you could select the option start at last known configuration that worked this will tell you if and what file has been corrupted or missing then you will know if its a hardware issue hope this helps
This is from a factory repair and maintenance manual for Acer Aspire Laptops. It may work for you.
Forgotten Hard Disk Password
When the user keys in the wrong password three times, an error message appears. The user must now reset
1. Make a note of the error code that is displayed with the error message.
2. Run unlock6.exe from the DOS prompt in the following format:
unlock6 XXXXX 00
(XXXXX = HDD password error code, 00 = CRC base - default is 00)
3. Select Upper case ACSII Code from the screen that appears. The HDD master password is displayed.
Make a note of this password.
4. Reset your system. When the Enter Primary Master HDD User Password prompt appears, enter the
password you made a note of in step 3.
Resetting a BIOS Password
The user can reset a BIOS password using the clnpwd.exe utiility.
1. Copy clnpwd.exe to a DOS boot up disk (or flash drive).
2. Boot your system in DOS mode.
3. Execute clnpwd.exe from the boot up disk (or flash drive).
4. Press 1 or 2 to reset the required password as shown on screen.
5. A confirmation message appears when the process is successful.
Try removing the micro SD (memory) card. Then turn on the phone and once the phone is on and working fine, insert the memory card. It worked for me. It seems to be a problem with the memory card or with some application that doesn't allow the phone to boot up. See more possible solutions at this page. Rgds Matias
If you get this error in a black screen before windows xp can boot up....
CLIENT MAC ADDR: xxxxxxx GUID: xxxxxxxxxx PXE-E53: no boot filename recived PXE-MOF: exiting intel PXE Rom
Your network card's settings in bios have somehow been changed. PXE means Pre-Execution Enviroment. In other words, it allows your network card to connect to a network server to pull operating system images off the network and other files without having an operating system installed.
The Fix, Go into BIOS press F2 or F12 whatever your PC's screen at bootup says. In Bios, reset your bios settings to the default bios settings, or original settings. If nothing else fixed it. Windows Recovery cd will not fix it, because you cannot boot windows if this error is still occuring, Your network card will keep prompting DHCP to search for a network. Its a bios function not a windows function. Reset your bios settings to the default.
Try to reinstall the video driver from Safe mode. It appears your hard disk is OK but the operating system and or registry is corrupted. 1. Try installing the video driver first. 2. If it still does not work, back up your data files in Safe Mode then re-install XP again, make sure you delete the partition and create a new partition and do a full NTFS format, not a quick format.
First make sure your phone is fully charged. Then check...
It may be the storage card - if you take the storage card out it will boot up and you can put it back in. - pain in the a## but it may work. Or Try taking the SIM card out, boot it up, turn it off, replace the card, and turn it on again.
Last resort is a hard reboot. If you did a hard reboot and nothing happened then you did not do it successfully. To do a hard reboot.
- with the phone powered off - press the two soft keys, yes the left and right soft keys which are the two dash keys labeled - - - while keeping it pressed, press the power button down - keep the power button pressed down for 1 - 2 seconds and then release the power button while still holding down the two soft keys. Keep holding down the soft keys until a black screen appears and prompts appear - now release the soft keys and follow prompts - if you dont see the black screen with the reset option, pull the battery out, reinsert it and repeat the above steps - when you see the black screen with the reset option, press the Send button to confirm the reset.