How does one get the handsets to record the new speed dial numbers on the base phone?
How does one get the handsets record the new speed dial numbers on the base phone? I updated a speed dial number (0) on the base, but the handsets still have the old speed dial number. I hope I don't have to program every handset. Wasn't sure if registering the handsets (what does that mean?) again will help.
PS We often have the phone ring and can't hear anybody. The phones work when we dial out.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: How does one get the handsets to record the new speed...
I'm pretty sure the speed dial numbers are programmed on a per-phone basis. Most people would not want changes on one phone's speed dial to effect the other phones.
I know registering the handsets will not make a difference. If the cordless phone is working, it's registered to the base. This is required so your neighbor cannot buy the same phone model and use your phone line. In the old days cordless phones were permanently linked to one base but now you can get extra handsets on many systems and "register" the phone to work on your base.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your Uniden product is not performing to your expectations, please try these simple steps. If you are still unable to resolve the problems, please contact Uniden Customer Service for assistance.
1. lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. press the store button
3. dial the number that you wish to store
4. press the store button a second time
5. press one of the numbers on the phone [0-9] and that will become the speed dial number.
6. make a record of the speed dial number and the name of the person it will call.
Then when you want the person on speed dial number 5, just pick up the receiver, get a dial tone and push 5. Thats it!
ps - kindly rate my answer as helpful. thanks
Press and hold a number key (0-9) associated with the speed dial until the phone number appears, and then press talk/flash or speaker on the handset or speaker on the base. The number stored in the speed dial is dialed.
which model ? generally in all cell phones v will be have speed dialing option in range costing handset also... v can set the 9 speed dialing numbers .... in which 1 speed dialing number is common that is sos(112) in samsung and motorola handsets ... common thing is may be in sony ericson also i m not sure ... in nokia handsets if we make the speed dialing option on then if we just press one number means we can call to the person ... for ex: you may be having some person whom u will call frequently instead of selecting the number by going to phonebook if you put that number to speed dialing list means you can call them by pressing only one button...( while adding to the speed dialing list it will ask to assign the keys like 1,2,3... 9) as every handset keypad will be having 0-9 number keys this is very useful ... in some handsets the speed dialing option is found in phonebook & while in other it will be found in call options...
You may try this:
1. Pick up the handset and listen for a dial tone.
2. Press and release the STORE button.
3. Enter the phone number(up to 16 digits)you want to store into memory(The telephone number will not dial out)
4. Press and release the STORE button.
5. Press a one-digit number(0 - 9)on the keypad to store the phone number into the desired memory location.
6. Hang up the phone by returning the handset to the handset cradle on the base.
7. To store more phone numbers in memory, repeat steps 1 - 6
Good Luck !!