- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Laser pickup unit to its DVD player faulty. Replace the DVD player.
If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Viewing it in "Mosaic" or "Magazine" will make surf easy. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. Do a search by type in the brand name of your device at its search box and press "Enter". http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
1. Check that the disc is free of scratches and dirt or dust. If the disk is dusty, use a soft, lint-free cloth and wipe the disk gently, using straight strokes from the center of the disc to the outer edge.
2. Make sure that you are inserting the disk with the plain, reflective side down.
2. Try listening to another CD (not burned) that you have purchased. If the other cd is giving you the same error message, return the cd player to the store, because it is defective.
3. Ensure that the disc you are using is not a DVD disc. It is easy to confuse the two.
Hope that helps! Good Luck!
I had a similar ERR message and freaked out a bit for a week. Panasonic customer service was no help and suggested i send it in for VERY expensive repair. No way. After tons of additional research and trouble shooting I fixed my unit tonight. I downloaded the DMR-ES40 DVD Recorder Firmware Update from the Panasonic update and stored in on a CD. Put the cd in my dvd player following instructions from the website. My system is restored and works well again.
Why paid personnel at Panasonic could not tell me this is beyond my understanding.
Try updating you firmware as I did. Hope you get the same success. -Tamara