Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
PSP worked fine and then one day after charging it started up and would immediately shut down. Now when you plug it in nothing happens...no green light or anything. I tried using my younger sons charger and battery since i thought this could be the problem and still nothing (the battery and charger work fine on my younger sons). Any suggestions? Sue
Also, there is a chance it's just a loose connection to the LCD. If a few pins aren't connecting, it can mess up part of the screen like that. More likely it's what Inky said though.
Posted on Aug 31, 2007
You can try a hard reset. Do this hold the power switch in the upward position for over 10 seconds. This will cause the machine to reboot. Leave it alone for a few minutes then try switching it back on. You may have to flick the switch on twice to start her up again. If it still has a hard time try changing the battery for the one in your sons machine. MAKE SURE that all apps etc are closed on the PSP first and do the hard reset BEFORE you remove the battery on BOTH machines. Ensure PSP is OFF before removing battery. It is possible the battery has been overcharged or just given up. If the console operates with the other battery you know you need get a fresh one. Consider getting a high power one for extended life. Let us know how you get on. May have more info for you.
Posted on Jul 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: