I really want to scale down on my remotes. I have a JER422 [underneath is: 4531(BB)] I have a Memorex tv and a Phillips DVD/VCR combo. I don't have the faintest idea where the instructions and codes for the remote are and I need help getting everything set up. Any help would be wonderful
Well, I couldn't find a manual for your device (believe me I tried lol). The only thing I could tell you is that you will have to do a manual code search for your components.
1. Turn on the component
2. Press and hold the component key (TV, DVD, VCR-AUX, SAT-CBL)
The illuminated on-off key turns on and stays on
3. While holding the component key down, press and hold the ON-OFF key. The illuminated ON-OFF key turns off.
4. After holding down both keys for three seconds, the illuminated ON-OFF key turns back on.
5. Release both keys. The illuminated ON-OFF key remains on
6. Press and release the ON-OFF key repeatedly until your component turns off. Wait four seconds between each keypress. Each time you press the ON-OFF key, the illuminated ON-OFF key blinks, and the next code in the list is sent. This process continues until all of the codes in the code lists have been searched. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code. (If it cycles through and the illuminated ON-OFF key blinks four times and turns off, all codes have been search. The manual code search method is exited.)
7. Once you have found the correct code, you must save the new code by pressing and releasing the STOP key. The illuminated ON-OFF key turns off. You must press the STOP key to save the code or the correct code will not be saved.
8. To confirm that the component is programmed with the correct code for max functionality, test the component. Attempt to control a variety of the component's functions with the remote.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
0483,0481,0488,0497 are the codes to check. If you wish to get more setup codes, three digits, four
digits or five digit ones, check this link. Pull up older posts there. Setup code list and setup instructions to some popular model
remote controls are given. Select the 'Timeslide' option from the drop-down
list by the 'Sidebar' at the display window. It will make search easy.
I work for Memorex tech
support. Our number is 800-919-3647.
Memorex TVs and DVD
players can not be controlled by universal or cable
remotes. If you need a replacement remote, please call Memorex's
parts distributor, Fox International at 800-321-6993 to make the
purchase. If they no longer have stock, try www.remotes.com.
hope I've provided you useful assistance and that this information
allows you to make an informed decision as to how to proceed from
here. Please be sure to vote on my response. I hope I've earned a
good rating from you today.
Please let me know if I can be of
Sony uses A LOT of their Codes over and over again.
So I would say the free route is grab a Learning Remote (JER422) hopefully does it.
Ask who has a Sony TV and Copy their Codes and test it on yours.
Some or all will work it's trial and error, But Sony is pretty good with that repeat the Codes thing!
New universal remotes come with a code sheet that should cover most every brand TV ever made. I recently got a Phillips brand universal remote from Wal-Mart and set it up to operate a 15 year old JVC TV.
depending on how you hooked it up; if thru coax cable the you have to use channel 3 or 4 on the tv to use Philips. If you are connecting with video and audio cables then you have to select a/v input on tv to use.
THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO ORDER A REMOTE FROM MEMOREX. I HAVE TRIED FOUR DIFFERENT UNIVERSAL REMOTES AND CONTACTED THE MFGS HELP-LINES WITH ZERO SUCCESS. I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE AT MEMOREX TO ADMIT THAT THEIR REMOTE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WILL WORK ON THIS (MT2024) SET. "$88.OO".--- WHAT A DEAL FOR A NEW TV! IF YOU BREAK OR LOSE THE REMOTE, THE FRUSTRATION QUICKLY BUILDS AND ADDS UP TO MORE THAN $88.00