I've had my Sansa m240 for over half a year now, and until now, it's worked great. Every time I turn it on, it just says "MTP DB Mismatch Format?" and later it says "Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 8MB." After that it would say I had no files on my MP3, even though I USB connected it to my computer and all the files were still present. So I tried to clear my whole MP3 of files, and moved them into a separate folder on my computer. But even though I have no files left in the MP3, I still have the problem. Anyone have any solutions?
Insanity i just called the technical support a while ago and they said most of that is because of a file coruption go into My Computer then go into Sansa M240 then right click the little cartridge file and click on format it should work then
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Are you able to turn it on ?
If so, press the the "power on" button the second time to activate the menu.
Still no luck ! Try putting in a new battery and try again.
2. You cannot "reset" anything.
3. Open up "windows explorer"
4. Scroll down the left pane of the window till you see the "sansa" removable disk
5. Right click it and select "format"
6. After formatting, try adding your files back again.
7. Use the >= button on the player tp play the songs.
These units are noted for this problem. They cannot be fixed. I bought to for Christmas presents and after 2 days one was stuck on the "Initialization" Screen. Went back to Circuit & exchanged them both because there was a major hardware/firmware upgrade on the new ones. After about a week, same problem. Now I'm just going to return them. You can only return it or throw it away.
there are 2 usb choices on the sansa m240 one is msc the other is auto detect. msc is for downloading new upgrade software i beleive , because thats the setting sndisk has you set it on to download new upgrade software .it stands for mass storage class .it may need to be on auto detect .