View screen sticks on view mode when switch to take picture mode
When I turn my camera on the view screen shows my last picture taken instead of what I am trying to take - even thought he switchis on take picture mode. If I move the switc from view to picture mode it may flicker for a moment but then it goes back to the view picture mode and I cannot take a picture.
i have changed memory cards & batteries and that did not work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like they accidentally pressed the DISP or DISPLAY button on the back of the camera. This manually turns the screen on and off to save batteries. You would then use the optical viewfinder in its place. To turn the screen back on, just press the DISP button one more time with the camera turned on.
Does the camera turn off or does the screen go black? if the screen goes black but the power lamp stays green then the screen is just turned off (power save mode), If it’s just the screen to turn on the LCD. There are 3 buttons just to the right of the screen, press the center button.
Once you took pictures without a memory card, all pictures taken will automatically be saved on the INTERNAL MEMORY of the camera.
When taking pictures with a memory card, all pictures are just saved on the memory card itself.
If you are seeing 100-757 on the LCD screen. It means that there are already 757 pictures taken from the first time you've used the camera.
It is possible that some of the pictures are in the internal memory and some are in the memory card.
STEPS to DOUBLE CHECK:
1) Remove memory card out of the camera - Turn on camera - View pictures on the internal memory by just pressing on the PLAY mode button
(lowest of the 3 little buttons) - Pictures seen are just the ones saved on the internal memory
2) Return memory card back in the camera - Turn on camera - View pictures on the internal memory by just pressing on the PLAY mode button (
lowest of the 3 little buttons) - Pictures seen are just the ones saved on the memory card itself
*** If you want to transfer pictures on the internal memory of the camera to your MEMORY CARD, you just have to follow the steps below:
- Make sure there is a memory card inside the camera - Turn on camera - Press on PLAY mode button to view pictures - Press MENU/OK button - Keep scrolling to the right until you see COPY TO CARD - Select YES using the arrow keys - Press MENU/OK to confirm * When you've done these steps, all pictures from the INTERNAL MEMORY of the camera will be copied to your MEMORY CARD but it depends on the space left on your memory card
** If still, you could not view the pictures, it's possible that the pictures are really gone when you have transferred the previous pictures to your computer.
** Once you have transferred pictures to your PC, and you have deleted those on your camera, the FILE NAME of the pictures will not start from 100-001 again unless you have reset the file name on the settings of your camera.
In example, i already have 256 pictures on my camera so the filename reads 100-256 for the last picture taken. And then i decided to transfer those 256 pictures to my PC and i deleted those immediately after being transferred. So, as i took another picture, FILENAME will start with 100-257 if i have not reset the FILE NAME settings to 100-001.