Question about Canon PIXMA iP5200R InkJet Photo Printer
Hi, I have a Canon iP5200R printer which connects fine to my Toshiba laptop using USB but bizarrely fails to connect using either wired ethernet or wireless. It connects fine using all three interfaces to other computers I've tried. The install procedure runs fine although it does require a reboot due to an outdated file (this doesn't happen on other machines), and the Canon IJ network tool reports it as being present and connected. But the printers folder in windows XP Pro shows it as being offline so I can't print! I have tried reinstalling multiple times, purging the files each time but have had no success. using Canon driver version 1.9 I look forward to reading your advice. thanks.
Do you have a firewall turned on that might be preventing your computer from communicating with the printer properly?
Posted on Jun 27, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Aug 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2011 | Canon MP610 Photo All-In-One Printer
Aug 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP5200R InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 29, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Dec 26, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 13, 2021 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: