I would attempt a Repair,
which will update the firmware and restore the unit to factory settings.
For more information on this product, including FAQ's and manuals, visit: http://ow.ly/6j8Gd
Hope this helps - if so, let me know by rating this solution!
Here are instructions for the Repair:
IMPORTANT: Please back up data in the player before performing a repair.
- When your player is locked up or seems dead, you may connect to your PC to repair the device with the Device Manager.
- Launch Philips Device Manager at Start > Programs > Philips Digital Audio Player > SA2xxx > Philips SA2xxx Device Manager on your PC.
- Connect your player to the PC.
- Device Manager should acknowledge your player and automatically go into recovery mode.
- Follow the instructions given by Device Manager to proceed.
- After the player has been repaired, click OK and disconnect your PC.
- The player is ready for use again after restart.