- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does the LCD not work at all? or do you mean that it doesn't display Caller ID information? If the LCD is completely dead, you'll need to get the phone repaired. On the other hand, if it's just the Caller ID that's on the fritz, try this: unplug the base from the power socket; remove any batteries in both the base and the handset; wait one minute; plug the base back into the wall and replace all batteries. This will reset the Caller ID so it works again. (Depending on the phone you may or may not lose settings and memorized numbers.) If this doesn't help, the problem will require a professional repair.
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base. 2. Unplug power from the base. 3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key. 4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key. 5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE". 2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit. 3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!". 4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
I'm Soontaree. Thank you for your reply email. I would like to let you know i'm already solved this problem. I just have a look from the Uniden Manual so i just follow them detail like as below,
Thank you for your help i will contact to you later if i have anything problem.
Have a great day.
Registering DSS7905 Accessory Handsets
Your phone supports a total of ten (10) cordless handsets. Handset(s) supplied in the box with the phone base are
pre-registered at the factory. If you purchase an accessory handset, you need to register the handset before use.
Only one handset can be registered at a time. When charged, pre-registered handsets display a handset ID number.
Handsets that have not been registered display.
Before registering the DSS7905 accessory handset, the battery pack MUST be charged for 15-20 hours.
To register the DSS7905 handset:
Place the handset in the telephone base charging cradle to begin registration.
During the registration process, HANDSET REGISTERING will appear in the LCD. When REGISTRATION
COMPLETE. is displayed; the handset has been registered to the base. If REGISTRATION FAILED. appears,
please try these steps again. When you register an accessory handset to the base, the handset ID will be
If an accessory handset has ever been registered to a base, you must reset the handset before you can
register it to a new base. See Resetting the Handsets on page 24.
has the secondary handset ever worked. Reason I ask is that it happened to me with a new addtl handset and the problem was that I did not remove the small piece of paper between the handset and the battery which caused only distorted figures to display on the LCD of the handset.