Question about Samsung Digimax i6 PMP Digital Camera
My Samsung Digimax i6 camera is made to store and play mp3 files but I copy mp3 folders into a new folder created on my camera and then when i turn my camera on trying to play the song, it isn't there! The music I copy onto the camera is definatly in mp3 format but why isn't it there when i disconnect the camera from the computer??
To transfer MP3 files to Digimax i6:
- Turn off camera
- Plug USB cable to PC and camera
- Turn on camera
- On your COMPUTER screen, it will tell you select USB: Printer or Computer
- Select Computer using the arrow buttons
- Press MENU/OK
- On your COMPUTER screen, a window will pop out like
Removable Disk and it will be telling you a lot of options
- Select "Open to View Files"
- You should be seeing the DCIM folder as you select that option
- Right click on the white space where DCIM is located
- Select "New" and then "Folder"
- Rename the folder as MP3
- Open your documents containing the MP3 files that you want to transfer
to your camera
- Make sure that the format is MP3
- Select the files that you would like to transfer
- Right click on one of those and select copy
- Now, go to the MP3 folder that you've just created
- Open the MP3 folder
- Right click on the white space of the MP3 folder
- Select PASTE
- All MP3 files will be copied to your camera
Note: It depends on the file size of your MP3 if it could still
be accomodated inside your memory card
To safely unplug your camera:
- Look for the green arrow icon on the lower right corner
of your computer
- Right click on that and select "Safely Remove Hardware"
- Just select your memory card in there that is pertaining
to your camera and select stop
- Once, you've seen the message "You could now safely remove the camera",
then you could now turn off your camera and unplug it so as to prevent any problems
On your camera:
- Turn it on
- Press the M button
- Scroll to the right until you see MODE menu tab
- Use the down button to select Still/Movie/PMP
- Press MENU button (all will disappear)
- Press the M button
- Select Resume
- Make sure to be on MP3 mode
- Select the desired files and those will play
If it still does not work, call the Manufacturer.
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
If above doesnt work. I have got solution-after hours of trial.
Go on download.com and download a converter e.g. fairstars cd ripper. Put cd in drive -make sure output type is mp3 and output folder is music. Go on query, select, extract ,start and then file should be in correct format. You can then go on music and copy and paste file to mp3 folder. Sounds complicated but easy to do after a bit. File must be in mp3 format. If you right click a file and go on properties it should tell you what format it is in. Good Luck
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 18, 2012 | Coby Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 22, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 23, 2011 | Visual Land VL-330 (512 MB) MP3 Player
May 19, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 21, 2010 | Samsung Digimax i6 PMP Digital Camera
Jan 16, 2008 | Samsung NV3 Digital Camera
Jul 28, 2010 | Samsung Digimax i6 PMP Digital Camera
Dec 18, 2008 | Samsung Digimax i6 PMP Digital Camera
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: