Question about Motorola Mobility MOTOKRZR K1 Cellular Phone
I got my new phone yesterday. It works fine except for whenever I receive a call, it automatically rings with my default ringer, not whatever ringtone I set to the contact. I bought the ringtones that are set to contacts but the default came with the phone. How do I fix this?
If this doesnt work then your phone must be possesed..
1. Go to your phone book. Choose a contact.
2. Go to options. Then Edit Contact.
3. Now scroll down all the way to Ringer ID:__ and hit select it.
4. You should see a list of songs and sounds like silent, Vibe Dot.. etc
5. Scroll down until you want the ringer for that contact.
6. Once you found the ringtone hit select it. You should now have the ringtone for that contact. NOW hit "DONE" or it will not work! If you dont hit done it will use the DEFAULT ringtone provided by the phone. Also, if you have a memory card in your KRZR k1 and all your songs are on the memory card you wont be able to use it, move them to your phone memory so you can choose it from the list. mobiles24.com also can give you free ringtones too.. check it out.
Posted on Oct 29, 2007
I had the same problem, and while I had done everything steve mentioned on an earlier post, and also saved both the contact and the ring tone to the phone instead of the sim card, still it wasn't working. So I went to the settings and selected ring styles, then chose loud detail, scrolled down and there is an option to turn on the ringer ID function...by default it's turned off, but of course I didn't know that...now it works.
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Mine was a super easy fix. The manual states that if the phone number is stored on the SIM card, ringer ID will not work. If you've followed the directions in the manual to copy the number to your phone but you can't see that it has been copied go to your Contacts ---> Options ---> VIew. Select "PHONE & SIM CARD" Now you can edit the one with the phone icon and see numbers you've added to your phone as opposed to your SIM card!
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
I ,ve phone Motorola Tech.Support-they fixed this permanently last year Nov,so ther is no acccess to Ring ID folder in all new Motorola phones (K1 includede).I am looking also for solution-another anti-software to remove this restriction.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
I have a memory card in and have moved some files to the phone but they still dont show up in the screen for me to choose as a ringtone. Any suggesstions???
Posted on Jun 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Adjusting the Ringer, Earpiece and Speaker Volume
Adjusting the Ringer Volume
You can choose from four ringer volume settings (off, low, medium, and high) separately on each handset or the base.
With the phone in standby, press or on the handset or VOLUME or VOLUME on the base. The handset or base sounds the ringer at that level.
Use on the handset or VOLUME on the base to make the ringer volume louder. Use on the handset or VOLUME on the base to make it softer or turn it completely off.
When you hear the ringer volume level you want to use, stop pressing keys.
The handset or base will use the new ringer volume starting with the next incoming call.
Note: If you set the ringer volume to Off, the handset or base won't ring. Other handsets or base will ring according
to their individual settings.
Muting the Ringer (One call only)
While the phone is ringing, press /Mute or END on the handset or on the base to mute the ringer
Usually answered in minutes!