Unscrew the knob on the bottom(turn cc wise) pull bobbin straight out . To restring pull start rope gently to see what direction it turns and wrap string in the opposite direction. Re insert the string into the corresponding hole(s) and screw up knob by hand until tight.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Ken, If your spools are emptying by over feeding it sounds as if they are spooled the wrong way. Try re spooling one by putting the cord on the opposite way it is now. You may be getting the wrong spools or there is a fault with your trimmer.
For the cordless Grass Hog, the replacement spool is AF-100. You can purchase these spool heads online or maybe find them at your local hardware store, but they may be hard to find because the Grass Hog is not made any more.
For Black and Deckers: Remove cup from bottom of unit by depressing 2 detent tabs and pulling away from unit. Replace empty spool with new full one or wind on aftermarket string. Wind in direction of arrow on spool. Make sure spool is seated on rachet firmly.
This trimmer is an "AFS" (Automatic Feed System) trimmer meaning the trimmer uses centrifugal force and a lever that play out trimmer line without you ahving to bump it on the ground. Your trimmer uses .080" diamter line. You can get a replacement spool and lever at Lowe's fairly cheap. I would say get the spool that is already wound rather than trying to buy just the line and re-spooling...that will make this a LOT easier!
What you do to replace the line is place the trimmer on a stable flat surface (like a workbench), raise up the head of the trimmer and follow the steps below:
1. Remove the spool cover (this is the orange cap on the head)
2. Remove the spool, (observe and note the orientation of the spool!)
3. Using a pair of pliers, pull the orange feed lever straight out (observe and note the orientation of the lever!)...do not try to pry it off, you will damage the head!
4. Insert the new lever in the same orientation you noted when you removed the old one.
5. Insert the new spool and line in the same orientation as the old spool.
6. Replace the cap.
Black and Decker has an 800 number you can call if you get stuck, the number is 1-800-544-6986. Good Luck!
Under the line spool u are going to see a small lever it coud be white or black, is plastic, and it moves. u need to replace that is easy and cheap. call ur nearest Black and Decker servicenter to get it. is a pull and push fix.