Question about Marantz SR-9200 Receiver
I have had this receiver for about 4 years but just lately, it has started making some clicking noises (usually about 5 minutes after it is turned on) and then it sometimes just shuts off by itself. I re-power it back on and then it seems to work just fine. Any ideas?
Sounds like you have an issue with your electrical circuit. Your receiver could be receiving spikes of current from the electrical wiring in your house.
Review your current electrical situation. Keep in mind that certain outlets are on the same circuit and that running multiple, high-wattage devices on the same circuit can cause issues with some of those devices. Especially when it comes to turning devices on and off.
Many devices take a sudden, rapid charge to power their circuitry the moment you turn the device on. Home audio and HVAC systems are particularly notorious for doing this. Other devices on the same circuit can sometimes suffer influxes of power flow and may either turn off or go into standby mode to protect themselves from the resulting surges.
I've lost audio systems that way... I lived in an apartment building that has wiring most likely dating back into the 40's. I once turned on a space heater on it's max 1500 watt setting and blew my Logitech Z-680 speakers. (The "BOOM" sound that emitted from my subwoofer was AMAZING. I had just blown an amp circuit. It literally exploded inside of the subwoofer. Took pics and everything.)
If you have the means to do so... You might consider re-wiring your electrical circuit. Take into consideration where you're going to run certain devices and wire the system accordingly.
In the meantime, you would want to be sure to buy a HIGH-QUALITY surge protector for the audio system. Spend a few bucks and get a GOOD one with a good warranty on it. Don't use those cheapy ones that we only really use to split the outlet. NOTHING under 1,000 joules.
My receiver sometimes locks itself like that, though. If we have a power outage or the unit is unplugged suddenly, it will keep itself in standby mode until you unplug it, press the power button a few times to discharge any current left in the capacitors and plug it back in normally. Only then will it turn on again.
Let me know what you come up with.
Posted on Nov 03, 2007
It is likely that something overheating is causing the problem, but nothing should be overheating. Cleaning won't hurt and may help but it is likely to require repair of the faulty component, perhaps a failing capacitor or amplifier.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Check for a stuck/jammed switch, press each switch if one doesn't make a normal click sound or it doesn't move at all that's your problem.
If that's not it check the owners manual for how to reset the receiver (not all manuals will tell you how to reset it) Another way to reset it is to short the memory cap, but that is better left to a tech.
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
SOURCE: error code 'CHECK E2P IF'
Water damage is the worst. It could damage the boards beyond repairability. It will take a professional to determined, if your unit can be saved
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: