Question about Citrix GoToMeeting
One day I was having an issue with my GoToMeeting not working properly. So I tried to uninstall it but the uninstall was unsuccessful. I then tried to reinstall a new instance over the old, but I wasn't able to do that either.
When I start up my computer every day, I get the following dialogue box/error (this occurred before I ever tried a reinstall but continues since attempting a reinstall):
GoToMeeting can not be started due to a security certificate mismatch.
Please go to the GoToMeeting Website and reinstall GoToMeeting to correct this issue.
I press OK as prompted and continue w/o any other problems the rest of the day.
When reinstalling, I get the following error:
Unable to execute the application c:]Program Files\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\G2MInstaller.exe. The system cannot find the file specified.
Note: I have tried to run the executable from their website and to download and run it from my PC – same result. The executable I am running is g2m_install
I have tried contacting the support team at GoToMeeting twice over the past two weeks, but they have not answered back, so I was hoping I could fins some help somewhere else.
I am a Vista user and did have the same issue, so here what I did in order not to have this annoying error (I am not sure what action specifically did the trick):
1) Did it via Firefox (make sure you have the latest one);
2) Go to java.com and install the latest java update;
3) Go to gotomeeting.com->Login->re-install software->download manually and save g2m_download.exe file;
4) Now do Unblock and Apply in g2m_download.exe file property General tab;
5) Then Vista users need to disable UAC, I suppose this is the same as "Uncheck the “Protect my computer …”" (Go to "Control Panel" and type "UAC" into the search box. This will bring up the link: "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off." Click it. Uncheck the box next to "Use UAC to help protect my computer" then click OK. Restart.);
6) After restart right click on g2m_download.exe and "run as administrator".
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
I have Citrix GoTo Meeting. I launched a meeting and sent invitations. The invitees are getting an error message when they try to join that says "Installer could not locate a suitable folder to install into"
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Same error messeage received. However, Clicked "login" then on the next page clicked "Need to re-install our software". That was enough to download software. No need to adjust firewalls or anything else. I would try that first before changing settings.
Posted on Sep 22, 2011
The solution mentioned was very helpful to me. I got the "installer could not find suitable folder" problem solved with 1 install. The solution the other member is suggesting worked. The thing I can add, and is shown here:
is that the Java upgrade has no bearing on the subject, so it can possibly be skipped.
I had the newest Java and still got the same problem.
The UAC issue on Vista, possibly Win7 was really the bottom line.
Posted on Sep 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Apr 29, 2011 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Jul 21, 2010 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Jul 07, 2010 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Apr 27, 2010 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Jan 12, 2010 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Dec 10, 2009 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Oct 01, 2009 | Citrix GoToMeeting
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: