Checked wires, wire connections, plug and fuse box, all seems fine. I know this because the microwave is plugged into the same outlet. I loaded the dishwasher turned the dial to cycle 5 and nothing, except when i turned the dial the orange light came on and then faded out. I tried a few solutions off your site but still nothing. I kicked it once, tried electric shock but to no avail. It may have gone to dishwasher heaven.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Stopped working altogether
Check the door switch, it may have gone bad or maybe isnt connecting with the catch, making it look dead. They wont do anything when the door is open, as you know. Also remove the lower panels to get to the inside of the dishwasher. Check for power where the cord is plugged into the machine. If you have power, unplug it and look at the terminals to the heaater element. They are on the right side, facing down out of the dishwasher tub. Just look inside the dishwasher to see where the heater goes through, then look in the same place underneath, Check the condition of these connections. The timer gets power through the heater element (strange but true) so if the heater is bad or these connections have heated and melted, it will cause a dead dishwasher. if tis just the connectio, pu t a new terminal on it and you should be good to go. Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it were mine, I would just crimp the wires together and do away with the plug altogether. You could try using some lithium grease but that probably won't do much good. Go with the crimps. A cheap crimping set with crimps and tools are easy to find at $10 or less. Just crimp the wires as they are connected at the plug.
unplug the wire at the wiper motor and then turn the key on and then turn the wiper switch on and test the wires at the plug with a 12 volt tester . if u dont have any thing then ur wiper switch is bad , if u have juice at the plug then it sounds like its the motor.
If you have a multimeter and are comfortable with testing "live" circuits, measure to see if there is voltage from chassis ground, to both ends of the fuse, or to each wire connection on the fuse holder.If no voltage, then the problem is very likely the wall plug does not have power (could be a wire broke inside the wall box.).
If there is power, chances are there is a controller board problem. You should have seen a wiring diagram/schematic when you disassembled to replace the fuse.