This unit sounded great. Its big and its somewhat energy efficient, and it runs on 110 outlet without issue.. Only thing is that Mine like many others seems to suffer from an intermittent problem where the temp control starts to climb up and beep on its own every few uses.. Can someone tell me if this is self serviceable or a warranty issue?
The other issue is the blower fan seems to be running a bit slower then when new and I'm wondering if these too can be replaced or repaired without a huge issue. I have done some in the past where the bearings are not easy to get out of the tin housing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hummm, well, the newer units are trying to meet or exceed energy standards, so good on you for updating. You can look at Consumer Reports data to see which is best, but this method of heat does not lend itself to the same refinements as a gas furnace, for example.
I prefer units that have oil, or fans. The oil filled gives heat without having the heating element energized.
The fan units heat the room much better, but this is often NOT an option on baseboards, as many are wall cavity types.
220 volt costs less to run than 110 volt models, but this also is not something easily changed at this stage....
try the main fan. Then check strip fuse for the Aux fans. Then check A/C charge or the sensor that checks it because that turns on the low speed on the Aux fan. Then check the Engine temp sensor as that controls the high speed Aux fan control.
Also a stuck open thermostat will cause overheat.
The biggest wasters of electrical energy are Heat and A/c, water heaters,dryers and ranges. The more you insulate the less you have to cool or heat. If you live in a warm climate, consider installing an attic fan that runs on a thermostat or timer. During the summer allow it to run, during winter turn it off. Ceiling fans in rooms that are occupied create the illusion of being cooler, allowing the thermostat to be turned up.I'm not sure of the exact numbers but any thermostat setting on your a/c below 78 is more inefficient so try kicking the a/c up and the heat down. I'm a Florida boy so I can't tell you much about baseboard heaters. I know that anything that heats things up cost a lot in energy.
Consider installing a hot water heater timer. Commonly called a "Little Grey Box". Whenever your water heater is not actually being used it is still heating the water. A big waster. Once installed set the timer to cycle the water heater off during times when you commonly don't use it. Overnight,when your at work etc....
Somewhat antiquated, but a clothesline always uses 100% less energy than a clothes dryer. :) Short of this, try to fill the dryer all the way and make sure your dryer vent and lint trap are clear.
Microwaves draw 1/3 the energy of a range and run for 1/10 of the time. Microwave as many things as you can. In our house we have started microwaving canned veggies and boxed side dishes and such.
These are the big ones I've done at my house. A lot of the other things seemed to be more work than they are worth. Some actually end up costing you more if you don't own the house for decades.
There are many sites you can visit such as your local power company and possibly your local government pages.
Good luck. I'm in the same boat with the high power bill.
Newer GE refrigerators use variable speed DC fan motors to improve energy efficiency. Fan speed is determined by the electronic control board. Your refrig is working as designed.
Please don't rate solution, as anything but a Fix-Ya lowers my overall score. Thanks.
If you bought an electric range , it is a 220 volt range with a BIG plug and can only be used in a 220 volt outlet. If you can plug a small appliance into that outlet then the outlet is only 110 volts and you need an electrician to run a new 220 line!!!!!! Was the range you are replacing a gas range??? If so that runs on 110 volts like you TV and toaster and every other small appliance in your house! If you are not sure what you are doing get a professional to help you! Every year in the United States thousands of people die buy trying to fix the electrical in their home alone! BEWARE 220 Volts will shock you! BUT USUALLY will kill you if you touch it! ngafm Please rate me on this site before you sign off!
How old is the appliance?
If the appliance is 10 years old or more you it may not be advisable to put good money into bad! New appliances are so much more efficient today that they can save you a lot of money in energy!!!! Water,Electric and detergent! And put money back in your pocket! The new appliance will pay for itself in only a few years!
You will be fine Bless You ngafm PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RATING HERE AT FIXYA.COM BEFORE YOU SIGN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!liance in your house!???????????????
Tere may be no solution to this problem because the car has 200,000 miles on it however I can explain somewhat, when engines heat up occasionally we find break downs in efficiencies regarding to moving parts, (loosening up then binding ) this may however not be the problem it may be as simple as fuel pump fatigue after running a while and it can't deliver the appropriate fuel pressure. I would say perform commpression test to assess engine efficiency then evaluate ignition ensuring bright blue or purple spark coming from exposed sparkplug then ensure proper fuel pressure/delivery and check vaccuum pressure to ensure a steady reading of 18-20 pounds of vacuum ... got it if low vacuum replace all vacuum hose to eliminate porous condition of hose therbye leaking small amounts adding up to a larger total accumulative sum. causing poor performance. good luck