I've downloaded a computer voice to my Tom Tom 930. Using my computer browser I can see that it is on the device but when I use the voice selection menu on the 930 only normal voices are listed, not computer generated ones. There is plenty of space left on the Tom Tom 300+Mb. I notice that the computer voices appear in a differnt subfolder. Any suggestions how to activate the voice(s)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i do not know if you have changed the voice on the preferences, if not on main menu 1 page tap change preferences,go to page 4 tap change voice, the computer voices will be 1st ,then tap the one you want then select , hope that helps
Yes Nickarino is right.
When I switched on my new tom tom it gave me that option to speak street names and it vanished after selected a different voice.
I checked all manuals and web references in Tom Tom - none of them list it.
Like Nick said - what you need to do is swtich the voice type to SAMANTHA and it will show the option "Read Street Names Loudly".
I jumped on it and said yes ..!!!
Thanks Nick !!
1. Once you have turned on your TomTom tap the screen.
2. Tap 'Change preferences'
3. Tap the arrow to get to page 2 of Preferences
4. Tap 'Change voice'
5. Tap arrows until you get a computer voice - I chose Samantha.
6. Tap the 'Select' button to the right of the voice picture.
7. This screen is labelled 'Speech preferences' and the first one is 'Read aloud street names'
8. Tap the box to the right to select this preference.
It will only tell you the names of the streets if you use the COMPUTER voice. The other voices will not announce street names. So go to your voice selection and pick the computer voice...either male or female.