I was caught in a brief shower yesterday and when I got home and tried to charger the batteries, the charger just shut off. I tried using a different charger and the same thing happened. I didn't think the scooter got that wet! This is a new scooter! The scooter didn't act differently while I was still out, after the rain. Everything appears to be working fine... except the charging mechanism. :(
Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove the battery for at least 3 minutes... Then put it back and then plug in the charger and switch on the charger. If the battery is completely drained, it would take a while for the charging to initiate. Please have patience and leave it on charging even though without the charging indication for at least an hour. After that still if the charging indicator doesn't lit, then its definitely your charger or laptop. You will need to take it to a service centre in that case.
Steady red on the charge indicates the battery is charging. This would not be unusual, as the charge will revert to a trickle charge and have a constant red even after a complete charge cycle. For a brief time when the initial charging is done it will be green, but you'd have to be watching the charger pretty closely to catch it green. (Be careful to have the radio shut off when it is placed on the charger, and especially careful to NEVER press the PTT when it is turned on and charging.)
When you say the radio won't turn on, we are assuming you see no light on the radio. If this is the case, you might check the battery connection to the radio and be certain the battery contacts are not flattened or damaged between the radio and the battery.
You might also check your on/off/volume knob in different positions to see if the volume potentiometer has gone bad. If so, you might have intermittent function of the radio depending on the position of the knob.
Lastly, you might try a different battery on the radio to see if it will work with a different battery, maybe the new battery is not functioning correctly.
Flat rate repair is available for this style radio for around $95.
Either you have a bad charger, bad battery, or the charging port on the phone is bad.
1. Try a different charger. (Like your car charger instead of your home charger. Or your buddies charger) If one works and one doesn't, you found your problem chargers do go bad.
2. If this wasn't your problem. Next I'd buy another battery - usually you can get one for less than $10 online. If the new one works, woohoo problem solved toss the bad battery.
3. If the new battery does the same thing, its the phone. If it's verizon and less than 12 months old, call them - its probably under 1 yr warranty they might replace it free - as long as the white sticker near the battery is still white (water detection is pink/red). And it's not crushed or dented/damaged.