When i turn my Sansa e260 on the spinwheel comes on and the screen remains black its been doing this for about 3 weeks now and im really hoping to get this problem fixed any advice would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ahve 3 of these players in my home and every time there is a problem with them we find that if we HOLD the power button in and keep it in until it shuts off, it seems to reset any problems we have encountered.
worth a try
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Blue ring: Remove the back and push softly but firmly on the Rubber rectangle above the battery hold battery in place and turn on(This is the Chipset For the screen, Black screen Blue ring ) and put the back on.
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website. Make sure you select "format" when prompted.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds)
- Slide the hold switch into "hold" position.
- Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Best of Luck.
u have to wait till the screen will be black. I had the same problem with my sansa. it can lasts 1 or 2 days. after screen is black and then do following:
2. change lock switch to orange position
3. Press and hold rec button (at left side)
4. while pressing the rec button, turn the player on
5. it will appear the boot menu. connect the USB cable and try to continue the firmware
6. if it doesn't work, do a firmware downgrade. download this file:
7. execute the application while in boot mode