An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: its recongizes the cam, but its a black image
If your cam is reognised it just may be a faulty driver, or the image display settings are too high for the cameras pixels so check the options.
Other than that uninstal the cam software from add/remove programmes and remove cam from usb port, reinstall software and plug in cam again.
Also check that the software being used is not being stoped by your firewall or internet security programme, as the software may have an updater running in the background and causing the software to run incorectly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this. Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card. 2. Then click on the Video Settings. 3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture. 4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger
set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it. 2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it. 3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card. 4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X. 2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”. 3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.” 4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions. NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit. 2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM. 3. Next click on Enhanced IM. 4. Then click on Audio Video. 5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer. The Audi Video drop downs are Microphone Speaker Camera
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings: In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below: 1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button. 2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts. Notes: · The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts. · images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display. After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will cause the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly. Hope this helps. Bud
Does it display as a black image, a white image or static? You most likely have 1 of 2 problems. Either your camera (the actual lens if you want to be technical) may have been damaged or you are having an issue with drivers. Go Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Device Manager. Under Imaging devices your web cam should be listed. Double click the description and post back with what the information from that window.