I had the same problem - until today. Seems that the phone jack wiring in my living room needs repairing. Receiving and making calls is no problem, but the Caller ID is first to go (according to phone service provider). I tried out the phone in the bedroom, and the Caller ID shows up fine. Serviceman coming tomorrow to fix the L/R wiring.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How do I turn off the Talking Caller ID on my phone?
To turn off Talking Caller ID on the base;
Press [MENU] [#] [*]   
Press the [?] or the [?] button to turn the base Caller ID on or off.
Press [ SAVE ]
To turn off Talking Caller ID on one of the handsets;
Press [MENU] [#]   .
Press the [?] or the [?] button to turn the handset Caller ID on or off.
Press [ SAVE ]
Note that the base and each handset are programmed individually.
There are several reasons that this could happen:
1. Your telephone company stopped the service, even though you are paying for it... Ask your telephone company to verify your Caller ID service is current.
2. There may be a problem with your Caller ID service. Ask your telephone company to check to see if there are any problems.
3. Sometimes the caller ID is delayed, try letting incoming calls ring at least twice before answering.
The "charge" light staying on is very unusual, It could mean that the battery is failing, but if it is working properly, don't worry about it.