I accidentally turned the microwave on instead of the timer. When i came back (30 minutes later) the microwave was dead as a doornail. any ideas?
You likely have a blown thermal cutout mounted above the magnetron, or possibly a blown fuse. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Usually answered in minutes!