Are you sure that in the system settings the xbox is set to Load game instead of boot to dashboard? This will be located on the blade on the far right of the dashboard. If no help, try this:
First, a stupid step - Make sure a compatible game disc is in the xbox, and turn it off. If it continues to boot to dashboard upon powering up, you could always try removing the system updates by:
1. Turn the console off
2. Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the console (the one you use to connect new controllers)
3. Turn on the console whilst still holding the sync button
4. By the time it has booted to the dashboard, the updates should be cleared.
As the first version of the dashboard did not have the option to boot to dashboard by default, game discs should start normally now. If this is the case, feel free to re-download the updates from xbox live.
Hope this helps!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to the settings menu and if you dont see region right away go to system settings. It will either say region or locale, depending on if you have the new xbox experience or not. if you never had xbox live on it and you bought it new you have the old version.