Hi i have a ps2 slimline the problem is whenever i play a dvd movie in it a massage appears on the screen that unable to read disk and some times it plays the movie and it starts to skip scenes however the dvd is new it plays games fine but sometimes starts to skip scenes when there is a short movie during playing a game help me.i bought it from Pakistan and its model no. is scph-70004
First of all cleaning this lens is no problem just take a cue tip dipped in alcahol and cleane the lens but as far as adjusting the lens i would get someone with a little knoledge of these things to do that also watch for overheating the slimlines are bad about this a cooler helps alot i suggest a double fan laptop cooler you could also get a usb powered one and just plug it into the ps2
You need to have your lens cleaned and or adjusted. i suggest you not try it because you can actually break it and or make it worse. My company will be more than happy to fix this problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. DVD has lots of scratches 2. Regional Settings 3. Incorrect DVD settings for PS2 4. No/Incorrect Disc
1. Clean your discs well and avoid incurring scratches. Place it in its box after use. 2. DVDs have encoding. They are encoded by regions. Thus, you cannot play region 2 DVDs on a US Playstation mainly because the US Playstation 2 can only read DVD that are encoded in Region 1 or those DVDs that are encoded for all regions. Again, US PS2 are region 1 capable. Japanese PS2s are Region 2 Capable. 3. There are a number of settings for the DVD playback of your PS2. First is the rating of the DVD. If you want to watch a rated R movie, make sure your PS2 allows viewing of R movies. You'll be setting this during the first time that you'll be watching a DVD. It's just the same as real theaters. It is also protected with password so you need the person who set it up the first time in order to bypass the rating settings.
4. Put in a DVD first and make sure that it is a Movie. And, check #2.
Your laser is probably on its way out -- as a laser starts to fail, it will first stop reading PS2 games (but will read some DVD movies OK). It will then stop reading DVD movies and only play CDs. Finally, it will not read anything at all. You can find a new laser, based on your PS2's model number, at the following website:
dOn wOrRy all u hAv to do is to turn on uR pS2 witthout puttin a DVD oR aNy diSc........ on mEnu screen gOto [options] by pRessing 'triangle' button......... a new screen will appear select by pressing 'X' [DISC SPEED]....n sEt it to fAst .....then insert the DVD movie........tURn off PS2.... press n hold the reset button till the blue light is turned on ......release the button and press it again.............. it wOuld take a little tYm foR uR DVD movie to be loAded........ be patient till the movie plays it self.............. If uR DVd still wont play then you should clean your PS2's lens Watch this video.....!!!
This is one of the most common problem faced by old thick pS2..........but dOn wOrRy all u hAv to do is to turn on uR pS2 witthout puttin a DVD oR
aNy diSc........on mEnu screen gOto [options] by pRessing 'triangle'
button......... a new screen will appear select by pressing 'X' [DISC
SPEED]....n sEt it to fAst.....then insert the DVD movie........tURn
off PS2....press n hold the reset button till the blue light is turned
on......release the button and press it again.............. it wOuld
take a little tYm foR uR DVD movie to be loAded........be patient till
the movie plays it self..............
This may be because DVD movies have a reigion code on the disk and on a pirated disk this code may be removed. When the ps2 fails to find the code, it aborts playing the disk. I believe the regional lockout for games (which i assume you have disabled) is a different system to DVD lockouts.