Follow the instructions below if you receive the error message "E6"
1. Check if the machine rattles and stops as soon as the sewing starts
- Upper thread could be tangled or threaded incorrectly
- Check that the thread take-up lever is threaded
- Raise the presser foot to raise the needle to its highest position and re-thread the machine
2. Remove the bobbin and bobbin case
- Clean any lint or loose threads
- Install the bobbin case so that the projection on it aligns with the spring and install the bobbin into the bobbin case
3. The needle could be bent
- Check that the needle does not hit the needle plate
- Replace the needle if necessary
- Make sure the flat side is facing the back
If the problem persists, your machine may require service.
If the machine is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the machine is out of warranty, contact a Brother Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: