Question about Uniden Cordless Phone
My mother has a cordless uniden phone with no instruction manual. The model # is EXP4540. We need to know how to set up the speed dial for safety measures.
My Mom had this same problem. I found these instructions on Uniden's website (uniden.com) under the "Owner Manuel" section.
Here you go - good luck!
Using the Speed Dial Memory
Storing Numbers in Speed Dial Memory
Your cordless phone can store up to ten numbers (up to 20 digits each) in the speed dial
memory. To store number in memory:
1) When the phone is in standby, press [memory]. The talk/batt low LED flashes.
2) Use the keypad to enter the phone number.
(To enter a 2-second pause between numbers, press [redial/
pause]. Each pause counts as a digit. )
3) Press [memory] again.
4) Select the speed dial location where you would like to store the
number (  to  ). You will hear a confirmation tone indicating
that the number has been stored.
• Storing a number to a speed dial location will
overwrite the any previously stored number without
• When storing numbers into memory and the handset is idle (i.e., no key is
pressed) for more than 0 seconds, it will beep rapidly, and then the phone
will return to standby.
Dialing a Stored Number
1) When the phone is in standby, press [talk], and listen for a dial tone.
2) Press [memory] and enter the speed dial entry ( – ) that has the stored number
you want to dial. (If you enter a digit that does not contain a stored number, the
handset will beep rapidly, and the phone will not dial.)
The speed dial memory is not limited to phone numbers. You can store any number (up
to 20 digits) that you need to enter once your call connects. This is referred to as Chain
Dialing. An example is a frequently refilled prescription number. Store your pharmacy
phone number in one speed dial and your most frequently refilled prescription number
as another speed dial. To use, once you ring your pharmacy's automated prescription
line, simply press [memory] and the speed dial number where you stored your account
Erasing a Stored Number from Memory
1) With the phone in standby, press [memory] twice.
2) Press the number of the speed dial entry. A tone indicates that the stored number is
erased from memory.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Uniden DECT 2145 entering speed dial numbers to base.
1.Select phonebook number you wish to add.
2.Select 'edit' from menu.
5.Select Speed Dial position 0 - 9 by using Up or Down keys.
6.Press select to finish.
7.When finished you see 'Done!' and hear beep.
Posted on Nov 20, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2014 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jul 27, 2011 | Uniden CXA15198 Twin Corded/Cordless Phone
Mar 30, 2011 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Mar 30, 2011 | Uniden EXP4540 2.4 GHz Cordless Phone
Dec 09, 2010 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Nov 12, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jul 17, 2008 | Uniden Lands Phones
Oct 14, 2016 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Usually answered in minutes!