When I try to install the software, it stops in the middle and will not load from there. Gets to the spot where it asks to connect usb and turn on the printer and will not move from there. Just stalls.
What can be the problem and how to correct it.
Ps this is the second unit and it behaves the same. Can not load drivers.
Did you try just plugging in the printer without inserting the cd? Many times, the PC will recognize the device and automatically install the drivers for you. If it doesnt, try downloading the driver from the Brother website.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: cd will not finish install
1.Remove all previous attemps to install the software and restart the computer
2. Come off line and disable Anti Virus .
3. remove all other USB connected deivices
-except mouse it is USB
4 Now Install the software.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The xp set-up page appear on the middle of the set-up right after the restart (first one ) ..if this is the case you should insert the disk again ..and let it finish the installation ..(will stay a few minutes and do nothing and after that will start installing devices have patience ) It may also be a case of files not being loaded well and in this case just take the installing from the start by inserting the disk again ..and press any key when it asks ..format the C drive after choosing it as location ..and continue with the loading of files and after restart ..do not press any key ..and let it boot to the set-up and go on with finishing installation .From the restart point it should last about 39 minutes to the finish .. Please do not hesitate to ask any question if you do not understand .. In sort ..insert the disk and start it ..and let it continue the installation cause it is just to the middle ..when you finish ..install drivers ..make teh connection ..and install antivirus..and you are done .
some devices want you to install drivers and software then plug device in after installation or when the ask you too. best bet is to unplug camera then uninstall software. restart your computer (to make sure nothing gets in the way) then install the software and plug in device when prompted to or when finished
* flaky AC power supply
* dying battery
* flaky motherboard, causing "intermittent" problems
* bad RAM, causing "intermittent" problems
* bad spots on the disk-drive, causing "intermittent" problems when reading/writing
* a messed-up installation of Microsoft Windows
Take the original "System Restore" set of CD-ROMs, and boot from them.
If it loads into the "system recovery environment", and asks you whether you really want
to reinstall Windows, STOP. If your computer gets this far, then several components:
* power supply
* CD/DVD drive
probably are OK. This leaves the disk-drive as the "suspect",
and it leaves your possibly-messed-up installation of Windows as the other "suspect".
Insert Windows XP Disc Boot from CD when prompted Windows Will then Load Files after loading it will come up with prompts. One may be, Do you wish to repair if you see this press escape :) then it will scan and bring up partitions (HDD's) You should only have one. unless u have more than one hdd select the "C:" and press D then Enter and L Then Hit Enter it will ask if u wish to Quick Format or Format. Select Quick (its faster) then windows will install files, and reset. when it boots up it will do its own thing for about 5 minutes (approx.) then it will ask you for the CD Key, Name and Location, Network Preferences (only if it installed your device drivers). Then it will ask for Time, probably not in that exact order. then it will finish providing everything went good. then will reset and you will have install all of your drivers and software.
You will need to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start" and "All Programs." 2. Go to the "Lexmark " " Series." 3. Click on "Lexmark Uninstall." 4. Click on "Next." 5. Click on "Finish." 6. Click on "Restart Windows."
1. Make sure no other programs are open. 2. Insert the CD and wait for the installation window to appear. 3. Connect the USB to your computer when prompted to do so. If an "Add New Hardware Wizard" appears when the cable is connected click on "Cancel." 4. Click on the "OK" button on the Install screen to begin running the software. Follow the prompts and accept the Licensee Agreement to allow the software to load. 5. Once the software has loaded, click on "Finish." 6. Once the software has loaded, you will be able to click "Finish." Your software is now installed.
If you're installing a USB webcam don't connect a cable before installing drivers. So, run setup from CD continue with install sometimes in the middle of installation it asks you to connect webcam to USB, do it and finish setup. If it's not asking you to connect Webcam, first finish setup and than connect Webcam. Good Luck!
try this driver here @ http://www.opendrivers.com/search.php see if it works. type the driver you need in search column. follow the link until you are ask to input validate code for download. the validat code is case-sensitive. file size is more or less 120MB.
select open not save, then run install. do full pc scan and delete all issues it finds. restart then try avg again. If that doesnt solve try to download it at a friends house and burn to a cd then install it from there.