Many people wonder why their games or cd's stopped working or only work with certain devices but there are many common and simple problems to understand that can go wrong with cd's and games.
1. Make sure you have the right device to play the cd/game. Meaning if its a cd it can't be played in a game player. If its a game then you have to have the right game playing device, for example wii games to the wii, computer games can only be in the computer.
2. Even though they may fit into another device it may not work with that device, but some devices are formatted for multiple disc. But many game consoles only allow that game to work, not cd's or dvd' s. And some dvd players allow cd's to work but not games.
3. If you have the proper device and equipment to use it then make sure you are putting it in right. By flipping the cd both ways if not working, with the artwork upside or on the bottom. Or even the to the right or left when putting it in.
4. Then if the cd will still not work, check for scratches or smudges on the cd because that wear and tear can make a cd not function properly. If there are scratches then you can get a scratch kit. Just check out this link
for an example.
5. If none of this works then the cd/game may be defective, but usually not the case.