System turns to red light standby in the middle of playing
I recently bought my ps3 60g about 6 months ago. it worked fine for the longest time. since a month ago, while playing a game, the system will shut off and turn on standby and turn off my controller in the middle of playing a game. this happens with any game i play. It happens about every 15 minuets. also while playing dvd's the picture has static lines constantly going across the screen, and the audio is not very clear
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hey. I have two PS210's One popped and stopped working 9 months in to it. Under warranty the technician said that Infinity produced these speakers wit ha known heat related problem. Some part burns up. He replaces them all the time. You can expect about a year's service as my seconf one just popped and died. It costs about $153 to fix it here in phoenix. Will never buy Infinity again from what I know
Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI OUT port on the
back of the PLAYSTATION 3 system. Connect the other end of the HDMI
cable into the HDMI Input port of the TV or display monitor.
While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the
front of the system), hold down the
touch-sensitive power button on the front of the system until the system
goes into standby mode again . (So the light cycle would go from:
red light --> green light --> then back to red light). This
will ensure that you have held down the power button long enough to
reset the Video Output Settings.
Turn on the PLAYSTATION 3 system and once the system finishes powering
up, the Video Output Settings will automatically reset to the standard
resolution (or detect the current display output settings of your
there is in-line fuse that blowes,caused by the fan vents being restricted (smoking can be a big facter) the vents should vacumed a couple times a month. you will need to have it seviced (parts and labor cost me 270$
Hello. You may want to double check your connections and cables. The only time I've ever heard a clicking before a system shut it's self down was when a kid had stuck the battery cover from a TV remote into the disc drive.
Also, if the PS3 keeps acting like that, Sony will repair/replace the unit for free including shipping since it's under a year old. Thanks and good luck!
Hello. There are a few causes for this. I will list a couple solutions for you.
1. Reset the Video Output Settings. While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button on the front of the system until the system goes into standby mode again . (So the light cycle would go from: red light to --> green light --> then back to red light) This will ensure that you have held down the On/Off button long enough to reset the Video Output Settings. Once you turn it back on, it should work fine.
2. If option 1 does not work call Sony because the video out chip has blown or come unsoldered.
DVD reset procedure for TH-A10
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Disconnect the power cord.
3. While Pressing "Stop" and "Open/Close" buttons together reconnect the power cord
4. Front display will show "TEST0".
5. Then the display will change to : "TEST1 JC2".
6. Press "Enter" button on the remote, display will show "EEPROM"
7. Press "Power" to shut unit off.
8. Reset is finished
ITS PROBABLY THE RED PICTURE TUB (CRT). IT LOOKS EASY TO INSTALL, BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO THE SCREEN ONCE IT IS INSTALLED. THE PART IS $3OO. TRY TO FIND SOMEONE TO INSTALL IT FOR $150 OR LESS. HERE IS A WEBSITE TO HELP YOU MAKE ADJUSTMENT IN THE FUTURE ON YOU OWN. PRIDAH